You can edit tasks to change task details, such as the Task Name, assigned Project, Owner, or any other desired information.
Task information can be edited through Task Details or in Plan View
- Locate the task that you want to edit and open its Task Details.
- In Kanban and Row Views, you can either double click on the Task Card or click on the Pencil icon on the Task Card to access Task Details.
- In Plan and Calendar Views, simply click on the desired task.
In Plan View, you have the ability to add columns to the board to display task information. These columns can be edited to update task information.
Each added column will represent a field from the Task object. If you want to see and edit additional custom columns with task information, your admin would need to add fields to the Task object.
Note: There are a few exceptions for which columns can be viewed and which columns can be edited. It is not possible to view the following field types in the columns: Picklist (Multi-Select), Text Area (Long), and Text Area (Rich). For editing, if you add a column that can't be edited, you will not see an edit Pencil icon when you hover over a cell within the column.
- In Plan View, click on the Plus icon next to the Projects & Tasks sidebar header.
- Select a field from the menu. This will add a column that will show data from that field for each task that is on the board. You can add multiple columns by following the same steps. Each additional column will appear to the right of the previous one.
Tip: The columns that you add to the board will also be visible when you print from Plan View.
- To edit the values in the columns, hover over a cell and click on the edit Pencil icon. The new value will be saved as soon as you make the change.
Tip: The width of the columns can be changed by hovering over the right edge of the column and extending it to the desired width.
- To remove a column from Plan View, hover over its header and click on the X that appears.