Editing templates allows you to change template project details, add team members, and adjust Chatter Group connections.
In addition, you can also add and remove task groups and tasks to the template, adjust task schedules, as well as manage task dependencies (if enabled). To do this, open the template project and make necessary adjustments in one of the four views.
Edit Template Details
- In the All Work tab, in the left sidebar, select Templates from the Board Filters.
- Under Projects, hover over the template project that you want to edit and click on the More Actions icon that appears.
- Select Edit Project. Alternatively, double click on the project.
Tip: You can also access Project Details from the Portfolio tab Project View. To do this, hover over the row for the template project that you want to edit, click on the More Actions icon on the far right, and select Project Details.
- This will open Project Details. Double click on most fields to enter inline editing mode. Alternatively, click Edit and make desired changes.
- Optional: Open the Team tab to add or remove Team Members.
- Optional: Open the Chatter tab to add or remove Chatter Group associations.
- Click Save or Save & Close.
[Portfolio] Project View
In Project View, it is possible to edit project and template project details right from the list by editing the columns. You can configure the list of projects to display just template projects and then edit the details by clicking on the fields on the board. It is also possible to view a single template project in this view.
To view all template projects, click on the Project Filters menu in the page header and select Template Projects.
To view a specific template project, click on the Project Filters menu in the page header, select Single Project Search, and enter the name of the template project in the field that appears.
Once you have located the template project(s) that you want to edit, you can configure necessary columns and edit the template details. You can read more about editing information in Project View in the Edit Projects article in the [Portfolio] Project View section.