In the case that something is preventing a task from being completed, that task can be marked as blocked. Blocked tasks are visually highlighted in Kanban, Row, and Plan Views, making them stand out for quick reference.
Mark Task as Blocked Through Task Details
- Locate the task that you want to mark as blocked and open its Task Details.
- Double click on the Blocked field and select the checkbox. Alternatively, click Edit to enter editing mode and select the Blocked checkbox.
- Click Save or Save & Close.
Mark Task as Blocked in Row View
- In Row View, hover over the Status section on any open task to reveal quick actions.
- Click on the Warning icon to block the task.
Mark Task as Blocked in Plan View
In Plan View, you have the ability to add columns to the board to display task information. These columns can be edited to update tasks, which you can read about in the Edit Tasks support article.
To mark a task as blocked, follow these instructions:
- In Plan View, click on the Plus icon next to the Projects & Tasks sidebar header.
- Select Blocked.
- The Blocked column will appear, which will display Yes and No values to indicate whether tasks are blocked. Locate the task that you want to mark as blocked, hover over its Blocked cell, and click on the Pencil icon. This will allow you to edit the value in the cell.
- Check the checkbox in the cell. The task card in the sidebar will turn red and the cell will display Yes to indicate that the task is blocked.