If you want to remove tasks from the board, yet still want to access those tasks for reference or reporting in the future, you can archive those tasks. Archived tasks no longer appear in TaskRay but still remain searchable in Salesforce and available in Reports & Dashboards. You can archive individual tasks, as well as archive tasks in bulk from the last status column.
Tasks can be unarchived through the standard Salesforce interface, if needed.
- Locate the task that you want to archive and open its Task Details.
- Double click on the Archived field and check the checkbox. Alternatively, click Edit to enter editing mode and select the Archived checkbox.
- Click Save or Save & Close.
- In Row View, locate a finished task that you want to archive and hover over its status section to reveal quick actions.
- Click on the Archived icon.
Note: The task must be completed and in the last status column in order to display the Archive option in Row View.
You can also archive all of the tasks in the Finished column (or, if custom status lists have been implemented, whichever column is the last).
- In Kanban view, select the applicable project(s) in the left sidebar.
- Click the Archive icon at the top of the last column to archive all off the tasks in that column.
- A confirmation dialog will ask you to confirm. Click Archive.
If you need to unarchive a task you can do so using the standard Salesforce interface.
- Use the Salesforce global search to search for the archived task.
- From the search results, open the task.
- In the task details, click Edit.
- In the Edit dialog that comes up, uncheck the Archived checkbox.
- Click Save.
It is also possible to set up a process that would automatically archive completed tasks. If you would like to set this up, please have your admin follow the instructions in this article: Auto-Archive Completed Tasks.