Note: This feature is available to the following product editions:
You can perform bulk actions to update multiple tasks. You can move, delete, and update task information in bulk.
Perform Bulk Actions
In Kanban, Row, or Plan View, use Ctrl + Select (PC) / Command + Select (Mac) to highlight multiple task cards. To highlight a sequence of tasks, use Shift + Select first task in sequence + Select last task in sequence.
Once the tasks are selected, you can perform one of the bulk actions listed below.
All Work Tab Views
Note: Most of these actions are also available in Calendar View. However, in Calendar View, you can only update one task at a time (not in bulk).
- Delete: Drag & drop the Trash Can from toolbar onto selected tasks.
- Reassign Project: Drag & drop a Project Name from left sidebar onto selected tasks.
- Reassign Task Owner: Drag & drop a Team Member from right sidebar onto selected tasks.
- Update Status: Drag & drop tasks from one status column to another status column.
- Reassign Task Group: [if Task Groups are used] In Task Group Mode, select tasks to reveal Add selected to group links next to task group headers. To move selected tasks to another task group, click on Add selected to group link next to that task group's name.
- Update Task Values: Drag & drop tasks tasks from one grouping to another grouping. Alternatively, select tasks and click on Add selected to group for the desired grouping. Tasks will move and their values will update according to the grouping that they are placed in. Learn more in Task Sorting and Grouping.
Tip: You can update task dates in bulk if you group Row View by End Date or Start Date.