Checklist items can be checked off as they are completed. This allows you to make sure that no details get missed, as well as lets you track progress on tasks using the completion percentage bar located at the top of the Checklist tab in Task Details. There are a couple of different places to complete checklist items in TaskRay.
In addition, through Salesforce customizations, you can also automate the completion of checklist items when a task is finished (moved to the final column) or prevent tasks from being completed (moved to the final column) until all checklist items have been completed.
- Automatically Complete Tasks When Their Checklists Are Completed
- Prevent Tasks from Being finished Until All Checklist Items Are Completed
Complete Checklists Through Task Details
- Locate the task for which you would like to complete the checklist and open its Task Details.
- Click on the Checklist tab.
Tip: In Kanban and Row Views you can quickly access the Checklist tab from the Task Card by clicking on the Checklist icon.
- When a checklist item is finished, click on its checkbox. The item will be crossed off the list.
You can also toggle Hide completed items / Show completed items to include or not include completed items in your view. The count will indicate the number hidden.
As checklist items are completed the percentage bar in the Checklist tab automatically updates and shows the completion percentage of the task. For quick reference, in Kanban and Row Views, you can also view the completion percentage when you hover over the Checklist icon on the Task Card.
Complete Checklists Through My Work View
If there are any checklist items assigned to you, they will appear in the My Work View. When viewing checklists in My Work, you will only see the items that are assigned to you.
- In My Work, locate the task for which you would like to complete the checklist. Tasks that contain checklist items assigned to you will have a chevron icon to the left of their name. Click on the chevron on a task to see your checklist items.
- To complete a checklist item, click on its checkbox. The item will be crossed off and will disappear from the list.