Checklist items can be checked off as they are completed. This allows you to make sure that no details get missed, as well as track progress on tasks using the completion percentage bar located at the top of the Checklist tab.
In addition, through Salesforce customizations, you can also automate the completion of checklist items when a task is finished (moved to the final column) or prevent tasks from being completed (moved to the final column) until all checklist items have been completed.
- Automatically Complete Checklist Items When a Task is Finished
- Prevent Tasks from Being finished Until All Checklist Items Are Completed
- Locate the task for which you would like to complete the checklist and open its Task Details.
- Click on the Checklist tab.
Tip: In Kanban and Row Views you can quickly access the Checklist tab from the Task Card by clicking on the Checklist icon.
- When a checklist item is finished, click on its checkbox. The item will be crossed off the list.
You can also toggle Hide completed items / Show completed items to include or not include completed items in your view. The count will indicate the number hidden.
As checklist items are completed the percentage bar in the Checklist tab automatically updates and shows the completion percentage of the task. For quick reference, in Kanban and Row Views, you can also view the completion percentage when you hover over the Checklist icon on the Task Card.