The Timesheet is a centralized place in TaskRay where you can view all of your time entries for a selected week, as well as manage any active or unsaved timer entries (if you are using the Timer functionality).
The Time Tracking window is organized into two tabs: Timesheet and Timers. The Timesheet tab will show you all of your saved time entries and display the totals and billable hours logged (if applicable) across all projects. The Timesheet also allows you to view time entries of other team members, as well as easily log multiple time entries for multiple tasks. The Timers tab will display information pertaining to the Timer functionality and allow you to control any active timers and unsaved timer entries.
In order to use this feature, make sure that time tracking is enabled in your org.
To access the Timesheet, click on the Clock icon in the TaskRay toolbar. The Timesheet tab will open by default.
When in the Timesheet, the view will default to the current calendar week to show all the time entries that you have logged on tasks. However, you can change the date range to view a different week if needed.
- In the top left corner, using the arrows, you can switch between weeks. You can also click the selector to select a specific date.
- To return to the current calendar week, click Today.
The Timesheet lists all of the tasks that have time entries entered by you for the selected date range.
- In the Timesheet, make sure that the necessary date range is selected.
- Locate the task for which you want to view time entries and click the arrow to expand the task.
The task will expand, listing all available time entries and their details. The time entry details will include Billable, Notes, Type, and the total number of Hours logged.
To collapse the task and hide its time entries, click the arrow again.
You can add Tasks to the Timesheet and then add one or more time entries to those tasks. If a Task does not have any time entries for a given week, you can search and add it to the Timesheet. Once a task has at least one time entry for a given week, additional time entries can be added to the Task.
Add Tasks to the Timesheet
- Make sure that the desired Date Range is selected.
- Click the Add Tasks to Timesheet button.
- Apply a filter and search for your Task:
- Enter time and any other data for the time entry, then click Save Entry.
Add Time Entries to Existing Tasks
- Make sure that the desired date range is selected.
- Locate the task for which you want to add a time entry and click on the arrow to expand it.
- Click New Time Entry.
- This will expose time fields for each day of the week. Click Add Time to log time for the desired days. You can also choose whether time entries are Billable and select their Type.
- Click Save Entry.
You can also edit time entries, if necessary. You can change whether or not they are Billable, add Notes, categorize time entries by Type, as well as adjust the number of hours logged.
- Hover your cursor over the field you'd like to edit for a given time entry to display the pencil icon.
- Click the pencil to Edit.
- Make desired changes and click Save Entry.
To delete a time entry, click the trash can icon.
You can also view other team members' timesheets.
- At the top of the Timesheet, find the box with your name and profile picture and click the X icon to clear the field.
- Enter the Name of the team member whose timesheet you want to view and click on it to make your selection.