Kanban ViewKanban View allows you to manage projects and tasks like sticky notes on a whiteboard. Tasks are color-coded by project for quick visual reference (project colors can be seen in the left sidebar).
- Columns are customizable. You can rename the existing columns, add or remove columns, and even change the default column for adding new tasks. If you would like to customize the columns, direct your admin to the Modifying Status Lists instructions.
- You can also sort tasks by standard and custom fields, which orders the tasks within the columns based on the specified criteria. On Whiteboard Sort, you can change the order of tasks within the columns by moving them up or down.
- Columns can be hidden from view using the arrows in the column headers. To unhide, click on the hidden column name. This also works in conjunction with the Show/Hide Lists control in the TaskRay toolbar. Therefore, if you hide a column, the tasks from that list will be hidden for all other views in TaskRay.
Task Group Mode
In the top right corner of Kanban View, there is a Task Group Mode toggle, which can be turned on only in Single Project View. In Task Group Mode, you can define the structure of the project using task groups. Here, you can create task groups, add tasks to them, and define the order or task groups within a project. In Kanban, task groups are shown as rows and tasks can be moved between the rows. Moving a task to a different row reassigns the task to the new task group. You can read more about task groups in the Task Groups section of the guide.
- You can show/hide the tasks within a grouping by clicking on the grouping header name.
- As an alternative to drag and drop for moving tasks between groupings, you can select tasks and then click on the Add Selected to Group link that appears in the desired grouping header.
- If you hover over the status of any task in Row View, you will see some quick action options. For all tasks that are not yet completed, you will see the options to complete the task, mark it as blocked, or advance it to the next list in the process. For completed tasks, you will see the option to archive it.
Task Group Mode
Similar to Kanban View, there is a Task Group Mode toggle in the top right corner of Row View, which can be turned on only when in Single Project View. Turning it on allows you to create task groups, add tasks to them, and define the order or task groups within a project. In Task Group Mode, the Row View board is separated into sections that represent task groups. Each section contains a set of groupings, which can be changed the same way as in regular Row View (using the Group By control at the top of the page). Tasks can be moved between groupings and sections, which simultaneously reassigns the tasks to new task groups and updates them according to the destination grouping's field value. You can read more about task groups in the Task Groups section of the guide.
- Adjust the width of the Projects & Tasks sidebar by hovering the cursor over the right edge of the sidebar and moving it to the desired width.
- Quickly jump to the current day on the timeline by clicking on the Today button in the view header.
- Quickly jump to the start date of a task/task group/project by clicking on the > arrow next to the task/task group/project name in the Projects & Tasks sidebar.
- If you've added columns to the board, you can quickly remove them by clicking on the X in the column header.
- Expand or collapse projects or task groups by clicking on the Carrot next to the project or task group name in the Projects & Tasks sidebar.
- Use column headers to change the sort order of projects according to the values in the columns in ascending or descending order.
- You can quickly remove columns from the board by clicking on the X in the column headers. Note: Project Name column cannot be removed from the board.
- Projects that contain task groups will have a Carrot icon next to their names, which allows you to expand the project rows to view task group information.
- Quickly expand or collapse all project rows using the Carrot icon in the list header. Similarly, you can select or deselect all projects in the list using the checkbox in the list header.
- You can select to view project and task group progress as text or as visual progress bars in the list by toggling the Show Progress Bars option in the Project View Settings menu.
- If you need to reset the view to the default configuration, you can do so by clicking on the Settings icon in the page header and selecting Reset Columns to Default.
- You can access the project/task group More Actions menu from this view by clicking on the Three Dot icon in the project/task group row.