The TaskRay Lightning Components Pack is available in the Salesforce AppExchange. Using TaskRay Components, you can customize Salesforce Lightning pages and bring TaskRay to where your users are already working, making it easy to collaborate on tasks and projects.
Most TaskRay Components fall into one of two categories: those that are designed for the home page and those that are built specifically for record pages. However, there are a few components that will work on both types of pages, home and record.
Most of the record page components are contextual, meaning that they will pick up on the specific data that is relevant to the page that they are mounted on, as long as the lookup relationship between the project and the record is in place. For example, a TaskRay Component on an Opportunity page will automatically pick up on any associated TaskRay data linked to that Opportunity record, such as TaskRay Projects and Tasks.
While Account and Opportunity relationships come prebuilt in TaskRay, you can read about how to set up custom lookup relationships in the Integrate TaskRay with Salesforce Objects article.
For more information about Lightning Components in general, please see the official Salesforce help article.
Install TaskRay Components [Admin]
- In the AppExchange, navigate to the TaskRay Lightning Components listing.
- Click Get It Now.
- If prompted, click Log in to the AppExchange.
- Choose Install in Production or Install in Sandbox.
- Review the terms and conditions and check the I have read and agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- Click Confirm and Install.
- Select the type of users that you want to install the TaskRay Components for:
- Install for Admins Only
- Install for All Users
- Install for Specific Profiles
Mount TaskRay Components in Salesforce [Admin]
Once the components are installed in your org, your next step is to mount them on Salesforce pages. Keep in mind, some components are contextual and are intended for specific record pages, while others are designed for the home page. Refer to the TaskRay Components Catalog to make sure that you are mounting the components on their intended pages.
- Go to the Salesforce Home Page or to the record page (such as Account or Opportunity) where you want to mount the component.
- In the top right corner of the page, click on the Setup icon and select Edit Page.
- This will take you to the Lightning App Builder. From the left Lightning Components sidebar, under Custom - Managed, select the desired component and drag it to the area on the page where you want to place it.
- Click Save.
Common Component Error Solutions [Admin]
Component Mounted on the Wrong Page
If a component is mounted on a page type that it is not compatible with, an error message will display. To resolve, remove the component from the page and mount it on a different page that the component is intended for. For example, if you mount a record page component on the home page, you would see the error message notifying you that it is not compatible with this page type.
Lookup Relationship Not in Place
Let's say that you mounted a contextual component on an Campaign page in Salesforce. However, you are not seeing any data displayed on the component. It is very likely that this is because there is no lookup relationship between the Campaign record and the intended TaskRay Project. To resolve, you would need to create a lookup relationship.