Note: This feature is available to the following product editions:
You can remove team members from projects as part of managing the team on a project.
Note: In Salesforce orgs with TaskRay security turned on, you must be the project owner, higher in the hierarchy than the owner, or a system administrator to make Team changes.
- In the All Work tab, in the left sidebar, hover over the project and click on the More Actions icon that appears.
- Select Edit Project. Alternatively, double click on the project.
Tip: You can also access Project Details from the Performance tab Portfolio View. To do this, hover over the row for the project that you want to remove a team member from, click on the More Actions icon on the far right, and select Project Details.
- This will open the Project Details. Click on the Team tab.
- Click the Remove link next to the Team Member that you want to remove from the project. If the user or queue you are removing has Open Tasks or Open Checklists you will be prompted to transfer them to a new owner.
- If you want to remove the Project Owner, you must first click the Change Owner link. Once the owner has changed you will then have the option to Remove the team member.
Team members can be removed from multiple projects at once using the Bulk Remove feature.
- In the All Work tab, in the left sidebar Projects section, click on the Wand icon to access Bulk Actions.
- Select Remove Team Member.
- Step 1: Click into the field and search for and select the user, queue, or public group you want to remove.
- Step 2: Select the projects to remove the team member from or check the box next to Projects to select all.
- Step 3: Click into the field and search for and select the user or queue you want to transfer project ownership (if applicable), open tasks, and checklist items to.
Note: Checklist items cannot be assigned to a queue; therefore, if you choose to transfer to a queue open checklist items will be transferred to Unassigned.
- Click Remove.