Note: This feature is available to the following product editions:
Topics can be used to tag tasks in TaskRay for organization and visual reference. Once you add a topic to a task, the topic will appear in blue on the Task Card (visible in Kanban and Row Views). It is not possible to change the color of topics on the Task Card.
The topics feature is not enabled by default. If you would like to use this feature, ask your admin to enable topics first.
Note: Task Topics are not supported when using Enhanced Modal Layouts.
Enable Topics [Admin]
Note: The process to enable Topics is not currently available in the Salesforce Lightning interface and can only be done in Salesforce Classic. If you are in Lightning, you would have to switch to Classic to enable Topics.
- From Setup, navigate to Customize | Topics | Topics for Objects.
- On the Topics for Objects Settings page, select TaskRay Task object.
- In the Fields in TaskRay Tasks section, select the Enable Topics checkbox.
- Click Save.
- Locate the task to which you would like to add a topic and open its Task Details.
- Under the Details tab, click on Info and then Click to add topics.
- If the task already has topics added, click on Topics to add more topics.
- You might also see a list of available topics as you start typing in the field. If you see the desired topic in the list, click on it to select it and then click Done.
The topic(s) will now display on the Task Card in Kanban and Row Views in blue.
Topic associations may be removed from task cards if necessary.
- Locate the task from which you would like to remove a topic and open its Task Details.
- Under the Details tab, click on Topics.
- Click on the X next to the topic that you would like to delete.
- Click Done.