TaskRay can be embedded in a Visualforce + Tabs (Salesforce Classic) community or in the Napili Community template. Napili offers powerful customization options, including a selection of Lightning Components to make a community unique to your customers. While it is possible to build a community from scratch, we offer a TaskRay Quick Start option to get you up and running quickly. The Quick Start package will build a TaskRay-specific community using the Napili template. It can be further modified to suit your specific needs. Simply follow the instructions to get started!
Included with Quick Start
- TaskRay Community Setup tab with detailed instructions
- 3 Visualforce email templates including welcome email & password resets
- 3 ready-to-go tabs (Home, TaskRay, Files)
- Access to Community ready Lightning components
- Stylized login screens
- Custom header
Package Installations [Admin]
- TaskRay must be installed in your environment.
- Install TaskRay Lightning Components extension pack.
- Install TaskRay Communities Quick Start package.
- Enable Communities in Salesforce
TaskRay Security [Admin]
- TaskRay Communities require org-wide private defaults for the TaskRay Project and Task objects. Please follow the instructions in the Project Privacy article to enable project security.
- Additionally, please follow the Set Privacy Defaults instructions in the Project Privacy article, so that all new projects created will be private by default.
TaskRay Community Setup [Admin]
- Once the TaskRay Communities Quick Start package is installed, navigate to the TaskRay Community Setup app and click on the TaskRay Community Setup tab.
- Follow the instructions outlined on the tab. A PDF version is also attached to this article, although following the instructions from the tab allows you access to quick links embedded in the instructions.
- Please review the Communities FAQ article for additional considerations.