If you are a Box user, you can integrate Box right into your projects and tasks in TaskRay. This integration will allow you to attach files to projects and tasks and then view the uploaded files in Box. The first thing that you will need to do to set up this integration is install Box for Salesforce. Once that is done, you will need to follow the steps to connect Box to TaskRay. Let's begin!
You can install Box for Salesforce from the AppExchange. To do so, go to the Box for Salesforce AppExchange listing.
For detailed instructions on the installation process, please go to Box for Salesforce - User Guide. These instructions will also include the installation video. Watch the video up until the 5:22 mark (steps 1-4) to finish setup.
The setup instructions will also explain that you will need a co-admin user in order to set up the Salesforce-Box integration. If you have not already done so, you can follow these instructions to create a co-admin user on your Box account: Granting and Modifying Co-Admin Permissions. Once you have a co-admin user, you will use that user to connect Box via Box Settings in Salesforce.
In summary, here are the things that you would need to do in this step:
- Install Box for Salesforce.
- Designate a co-admin user on your Box team.
- In Salesforce under Box Settings: Box Admin Settings: Connect the Box Service Account (co-admin user) to Salesforce.
- In Salesforce under Box Settings: Content Settings: Create the root folder.
- In Salesforce under Box Settings: Box User Settings: Connect the Box admin user to Salesforce (different from the co-admin user).
Next, you will need to install Box for TaskRay.
- Follow this link: Box for TaskRay.
- Select the type of users that you want to install Box for TaskRay for:
- Install for Admins Only
- Install for All Users
- Install for Specific Profiles
- Click Install.
- Click Done.
Once it is installed, you should have a new tab in your Salesforce org called Box for TaskRay Installation.
- In Salesforce, navigate to the Box for TaskRay Installation tab.
- Lightning: Click on the App Launcher and select Box for TaskRay Installation under All Items.
- Classic: Click on the + in the Salesforce toolbar and select Box for TaskRay Installation.
That's it! The Box tab will now appear on all Projects and Tasks in TaskRay. You and your users will now be able to attach files to projects and tasks via the Box tab.