After you create task groups in projects and add tasks to them, it is possible to move tasks around to reassign them to other task groups if needed. You can move tasks between task groups in Task Group Mode in Kanban and Row Views, as well as in Plan View. It is also possible to reassign a task to a different task group through Task Details.
[Kanban + Row] Task Group Mode
Move a Single Task
- In the left sidebar, click on a project to enter single project view. Alternatively, you can use Single Project Search to select the project.
- In Kanban or Row View, in the top right corner of the page, switch the Task Group Mode toggle to on.
Note: If you can't switch the toggle to on (toggle is inactive), check that you only have one project selected in the left sidebar. Task Group Mode cannot be turned on when multiple projects are selected.
- Locate the task that you want to move to a different task group and click on the Task Group Name on its task card.
- This will open the Reassign Task Group menu, which will show all task groups in the project. In the menu, select a task group to which you want to move the task.
The task will be reassigned to the new task group in the project.
Move Multiple Tasks
You can also move multiple tasks at once into a different task group.
In Kanban View Task Group Mode, select tasks that you want to move to reveal Add selected to group links next to task group headers. Use Ctrl + Select (PC) / Command + Select (Mac) to highlight multiple task cards.
To move selected tasks to another task group, click on Add selected to group link next to that task group's name.
In Row View Task Group Mode, select tasks that you want to move to reveal Add selected to group links next to grouping headers. Use Ctrl + Select (PC) / Command + Select (Mac) to highlight multiple task cards.
To move selected tasks to another task group and grouping, click on Add selected to group link in the grouping header that is within a different task group. Tasks will move to the new task group and their values will update according to the grouping that they are placed in.
In Plan View, reassigning a task to a different task group can be done in the Projects & Tasks sidebar by dragging and dropping the task under the new task group.
Another way to reassign a task to a different task group is through Task Details.
- From Setup, navigate to
- Lightning: Objects and Fields | Object Manager.
- Classic: Create | Objects.
- Select TaskRay Task.
- Navigate to the Field Sets section and select TaskRay Task Field Set.
- Move the Task Group field into the In the Field Set container.
- Click Save.
- Locate the task that you want to move to a different task group and open its Task Details.
- Under the Details tab, double click on the Task Group field to enter inline edit mode. Alternatively, click Edit.
- Click on the Lookup Search icon next to the Task Group field.
- In the search window, enter the name of a task group in the search field and click Go!
Note: If you are trying to find a task group that is in a different project, you will not see any search results by default. To expand your search, click on the Show all results link under Search Results.
If you do move the task to a task group in a different project, remember: if the task is owned by someone not on the new project team, that team member will be added to the new project team.
- Under search results, click on a Task Group Name to select it.
- You will be taken back to Task Details. Click Save or Save & Close.