If your organization is using Quip, it is possible to add a Quip tab to Project and Task Details within TaskRay to reference any relevant documents. Using the Quip tab, it is also possible to create new Quip documents associated with the project with a single click of a button.
It is also possible to hide the Quip tabs if necessary.
Install Quip Connect for Salesforce [Admin]
If Quip Connect for Salesforce is already installed in your Salesforce org, you can skip this step because the Quip tab will automatically appear on Project and Task Details in TaskRay.
- In the AppExchange, navigate to the Quip Connect for Salesforce listing.
- Click Get It Now.
- You will be prompted to select where you want to install the package. Select between Install in Production and Install in Sandbox.
- In the Confirm Installation Details prompt, review the information and check the I have read and agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- Click Confirm and Install.
- You will be taken to the login screen. Enter your Salesforce username and password and click Log In.
- On the next page, select the type of users that you want to install TaskRay for:
- Install for Admins Only
- Install for All Users
- Install for Specific Profiles
- Click Install.
Using the Quip Tab in TaskRay
Now that Quip Connect for Salesforce is installed, you should see a new Quip tab on the Project and Task Details panes in TaskRay.
From here, you can search for any Quip document using the Link a Quip document search bar. This will attach the document to the project or task at hand, making it easy to reference it when needed.
In addition, you can also click on the New Document button, which will automatically generate a new Quip document related to the project or task.
Hide the Quip Tab from TaskRay [Admin]
If you do not want to see the Quip tabs on Project and Task Details, it is possible to hide them.
- From Setup, navigate to:
- Lightning: Custom Code | Custom Settings.
- Classic: Develop | Custom Settings.