At TaskRay, we prioritize a customer-first approach in every aspect of our business, especially when it comes to the TaskRay solution. By listening to our customers and understanding their business challenges, we continue to innovate and develop solutions. To better address those needs, we’re thrilled to announce that TaskRay is transitioning to a continuous release cycle, with a new release arriving approximately every 8 weeks!
What does this mean for customers?
Our decision to adopt a continuous release cycle — or as we like to call it, “snack releases” — offers numerous benefits to our customers. Previously, TaskRay followed a major release model, delivering 2-3 releases per year. These major releases were chock full of new features, enhancements, bug fixes, and feature retirements. Depending on the release content, customers sometimes faced the challenge of managing multiple configurations while simultaneously learning new functionality. Plus, you had to wait for a major release to access new and improved features that could benefit your business.
Our “snack releases” are like tasty morsels of functionality that satisfy your hunger for new and improved TaskRay features without making you wait for a full-course meal (a major release). This continuous release cycle also allows us to create more predictability, so you’ll always know when to expect a release. It also minimizes the changes that admins and end users have to manage at once.
What changes to the release process can be expected?
We will continue automatically updating your TaskRay org on scheduled dates for Sandbox and Production.
To keep you informed about release content and how to maximize these new features, we’ll continue to provide:
- Release notes
- Customer testing tips
- Support articles
- In-app messages & guidance
Due to the reduced time between releases, we're making the following adjustments to our process:
- Sandbox Period: 2 weeks (reduced from 4 weeks)
- Release Emails: 2 emails sent for Sandbox and Release live (previously a series of 5 emails)
- Release Overview & Office Hour Webinars: replaced with quarterly Product Roadmap & Update Webinars. Register for our first one on April 25, 2023!
Please note that release operations, content, and communications may evolve as we refine the process and gather customer feedback. Any future changes will be communicated to our customers!
When is the next release?
The first “snack” release is scheduled for May 10, 2023, and includes:
- Dynamic Team Builder: A new feature enabling users to create project teams and assign roles that persist across all projects (e.g., Project Manager, Onboarding Manager, etc.)
- Application Performance Improvements: We’re constantly working to enhance our application’s performance, scalability, and security by modernizing state management frameworks, improving server-side Salesforce communication, and optimizing regression testing workflows.
We hope you’re as excited about this new release cadence as we are! Please reach out to your dedicated TaskRay Customer Success Manager or email@example.com if you have any questions.