Occasionally users need to be deactivated in Salesforce; however, they could still be listed as team members on projects and own tasks in TaskRay. Removing a user from TaskRay involves removing him or her as a project team member and then reassigning all of his or her open tasks & checklist items to other users. In addition, if the user was a member of a queue, it is a good idea to remove him or her from there as well.
The quickest way to remove an inactive Salesforce user from TaskRay is through the Bulk Remove feature. You can use Bulk Remove to remove the inactive user from any project teams that he/she was on, as well as to reassign any open tasks or checklist items that the user owned.
- In the left sidebar, under Projects, click on the Wand icon to access Bulk Actions.
- Select Remove Team Member.
- Step 1: Check the Include inactive users checkbox.
- Step 1: Click into the search field and find and select the inactive user that you want to remove.
- Step 2: Select the projects to remove the team member from or check the box next to Projects to select all.
- Step 3: Click into the search field and find and select the user or queue you want to transfer project ownership (if applicable), open tasks, and checklist items to.
Note: Checklist items cannot be assigned to a queue; therefore, if you choose to transfer to a queue open checklist items will be transferred to Unassigned.
- Click Remove.
Single Project Option
You can also manually remove the team member from each individual project. Follow the instructions in Remove Team Members from Projects to remove the inactive user using the Team tab in the Project Details. Similar to the bulk remove option, this will also transfer project ownership, as well as any open tasks and checklist items.
Under the Team tab on Project Details, the inactive user will be indicated by the Inactive label.
Partial Bulk Option
You can also mass transfer any tasks or projects owned by the inactive user to another user. However, this does not remove the user from being listed as a member of the project team.
- From Setup, navigate to:
- Lightning: Data | Mass Transfer Records.
- Classic: Data Management | Mass Transfer Records.
- Select Transfer TaskRay Tasks or Transfer TaskRay Projects.
- For the Transfer From field, select the user you want to transfer records from (the inactive user).
- For the Transfer To field, select the new user that you want to transfer the records to.
Tip: You could transfer records to a queue if needed.
- Select the criteria to find the records that need to be transferred and click Find.
- Using the checkbox in the record list header, select all records and then click Transfer.
Remove User from Queues
If the inactive user was a member of a queue, it is a good idea to remove him or her from it. If the inactive user was not a member of a queue, then you can skip this step.
- From Setup, navigate to:
- Lightning: Users | Queues.
- Classic: Manage Users | Queues.
- Locate the queue that the inactive user is a member of and click Edit next to the queue name.
- In the Queue Members section, locate and select the inactive user under Selected Members. Remove him or her from the list using the left arrow.
- Click Save.