Occasionally users need to be deactivated in Salesforce; however, they could still be listed as team members on projects and own tasks in TaskRay. Removing a user from TaskRay involves removing him or her as a project team member and then reassigning all of his or her open tasks & checklist items to other users. In addition, if the user was a member of a queue, it is a good idea to remove him or her from there as well.
In general, the best practice is to follow these steps prior to marking the user as inactive in Salesforce. However, if you've already marked the user as inactive, you may want to temporarily 'activate' him or her - and, perhaps, enter your own email address for their email.
Remove User from Project Team
Once the user is active, you can bulk remove him or her from being a team member on TaskRay Projects. The quickest way to do this is by using the TaskRay Bulk Remove feature (look for the wand icon in the left sidebar) as noted in the Remove Team Members from Projects instructions. This will transfer project ownership as well as any open tasks and checklist items. Keep in mind, the user needs to be active for this step.
Deactivate the User in Salesforce
After you have removed the user from being a team member on TaskRay Projects, you can make him or her inactive in Salesforce.
Single Project Option
If it is not possible to temporarily activate your user, you can manually remove the team member from each individual project. Follow the instructions in Remove Team Members from Projects to remove using the Team tab in the Project Details. Similar to the bulk remove option, this will also transfer project ownership as well as any open tasks and checklist items. The user does not need to be active to perform a single project removal.
Partial Bulk Option
Bulk Transfer Tasks or Projects
If it is not possible to temporarily activate your user, you can mass transfer any tasks or projects owned by the inactive user to another user. However, this does not remove the user from being listed as a member of the project team.
- From Setup, navigate to:
- Lightning: Data | Mass Transfer Records.
- Classic: Data Management | Mass Transfer Records.
- Select Transfer TaskRay Tasks or Transfer TaskRay Projects.
- For the Transfer From field, select the user you want to transfer records from (the inactive user).
- For the Transfer To field, select the new user that you want to transfer the records to.
Tip: You could transfer records to a queue if needed.
- Select the criteria to find the records that need to be transferred and click Find.
- Using the checkbox in the record list header, select all records and then click Transfer.
Remove User from Queues
If the inactive user was a member of a queue, it is a good idea to remove him or her from it. If the inactive user was not a member of a queue, then you can skip this step.
- From Setup, navigate to:
- Lightning: Users | Queues.
- Classic: Manage Users | Queues.
- Locate the queue that the inactive user is a member of and click Edit next to the queue name.
- In the Queue Members section, locate and select the inactive user under Selected Members. Remove him or her from the list using the left arrow.
- Click Save.