ImportantOn May 10, 2023, Classic Filtering will be deprecated and Enhanced Filtering will be enforced.
It is recommended to create and manage filters using the Enhanced Filtering functionality to ensure a seamless transition. For more information on how to transition, see Enhanced Filtering Strategies for Success.
Board filters are essentially a combination of project and task filters, which are designed to help you keep your workspace organized in TaskRay.
In the Work tab, board filters are located in the left sidebar and you can navigate between them to filter the list of projects in the sidebar, as well as the tasks that are visible on the board. Out of the box, TaskRay comes with a set of the most commonly used board filters, plus a bonus Power Filter mode. However, you also have the ability to create custom board filters to filter projects and tasks in a way that is most useful to you. You can read about that in the Create Custom Filters article.
The My Tasks filter displays your tasks + your open checklist items. This is a fast, easy, one-click way to get to just your to-dos! There is even a quick link to Select All projects to make sure you aren't missing a critical task.
The View As mode of the My Tasks filter will display the tasks owned by any selected user in your org. To switch your My Task filter to a View As mode:
- In the My Tasks filter, click on the profile picture.
- Search for user and select.
- To remove View As mode, click the X icon and return to the standard My Tasks filter.
The My Projects filter displays all tasks across projects where you are a member of the project team.
Selecting Power Filter will open project and task filter selectors. This is a fast way to toggle between filters without creating a custom board filter. For example, you can set the Project Filter to My Projects, and then use the Task Filter to toggle between My Tasks, All Tasks, custom filters like Blocked Tasks, etc. If you find a filter combination that you frequently come back to, just click on the Bookmark icon to save the combination as a new Board Filter.
Favorites is a list of your starred projects and their tasks. Toggling the Star icon next to any project in your sidebar will add or remove the project from the Favorites list. Favorites is one of the simplest ways to keep your high priority projects in one place.
Single Project Search
Single Project Search allows you to find and access one project at a time. This auto-complete lookup will search any unarchived project in TaskRay. This is also the filter you will land on when clicking on a project link outside of TaskRay, such as from the Daily Planner or the View in TaskRay button from a standard Salesforce page.
The Recent Projects board filter will display your 5 most recently viewed projects. This is a quick way to get back to the project that you were just working on.
The Delegated board filter displays a set of tasks that you created and assigned to others - a simple way to check up on tasks you care about.
When you create project templates, they will automatically get added to the Templates filter. Using this filter, you can quickly view all of your templates. Draft templates are excluded from this board filter, you will only be able to view active templates. You can read more about templates here.
When you put projects on-hold, they will automatically get added to the On-Hold Projects filter. Using this filter, you can quickly view all of your projects on hold. You can read more about on-hold projects here.
Standard Project and Task Filters
TaskRay comes with several standard Project and Task Filters. These filters can be used to create a combination Board Filter and they are also leveraged in the Power Filter.
- All Projects: View all projects that you have access to.
- My Projects: View projects where you are listed as a member of the project team.
- No Project Filter: You can choose to skip the Project Filter by selecting No Project Filter. Selecting No Project Filter will allow the Task Filter to determine which projects to display in your sidebar. In other words, if a project where you are a team member on does not contain any tasks that are assigned to you, it will not appear in the sidebar.
- Favorite Projects: View all projects that you have marked as Favorite.
- Template Projects: View all projects that you have access to that have been marked as Templates.
- Archived Projects: View all projects that you have access to that have been archived.
- On-Hold Projects: View all projects that you have access to that have been put on hold.
- All Tasks: View all tasks that you have access to.
- All Overdue Tasks: View all tasks that you have access to that have become overdue.
- My Tasks: View all tasks that have been assigned to you. Includes tasks that have checklist items assigned to you.
- My Open Tasks: View all unfinished tasks that have been assigned to you. Includes tasks that have incomplete checklist items that have been assigned to you.
- My Overdue Tasks: View all tasks that have been assigned to you that are overdue.
- Delegated Tasks: View all tasks that you have created but assigned to other team members.
- My High Priority Tasks: View all tasks that have been marked as high priority that have been assigned to the user.
- Archived Tasks: View all tasks that you have access to that have been archived.