You can edit projects to change project details, add or remove team members, and adjust Chatter Group connections. Project information can be edited through the Project Details window or in the Portfolio tab Project View. In Project View, you can configure different columns to display project field values and then edit the values directly from the page.
If you have project privacy enabled, you can also manage project access settings for users by editing the projects.
Edit Project Details
- In the Work tab, in the left sidebar, hover over the project that you want to edit and click on the More Actions icon that appears.
- Select Edit Project. Alternatively, double click on the project.
Tip: You can also access Project Details from the Portfolio tab Project View. To do this, hover over the row for the project that you want to edit, click on the More Actions icon on the far right, and select Project Details.
- This will open the Project Details. Double click on most fields to enter inline editing mode. Alternatively, click Edit to enter project editing mode and make desired changes.
- Optional: Open the Team tab to add or remove Team Members.
- Optional: Open the Chatter tab to add or remove Chatter Group associations.
- Click Save or Save & Close.
[Portfolio] Project View
In Project View, you have the ability to add columns to the board to display project information. These columns can be edited to update project information.
Each added column will represent a field from the Project object. If you want to see and edit additional custom columns with project information, your admin would need to add fields to the Project object.
- In Project View, click on the Gear icon in the page header to add a column to the board.
- Select a field from the menu. This will add a column that will show data from that field for each project that is on the board. You can add multiple columns by following the same steps. Each additional column will appear to the right of the previous one.
- To edit the values in the columns, hover over a cell and click on the edit Pencil icon. The new value will be saved as soon as you make the change or hit Enter on your keyboard (depends on the field type).
Tip: The width of the columns can be changed by hovering over the right edge of the column header and extending it to the desired width.
- To remove a column from Project View, hover over its header and click on the X that appears.