In TaskRay, there are a few different ways to create new projects. You can create new projects, new sub-projects, as well as clone templates to create new projects. Additionally, you can also build projects by combining templates or parts of templates using the Stitcher.
Create a New Project
- From the All Work tab, in the left sidebar, click on the Plus icon at the top of the Projects section.
- Select Create New Project.
Note: If you have Record Types enabled, you will be asked to select a Project Record Type first, which will appear instead of the Create New Project option in the dropdown. You can learn more about record types here.
- This will open the New Project Details screen. Enter the Project Name along with any other necessary information.
Tip: The fields on the Project Details screen can be customized to suit the needs of your organization. You can read about customizing the Details layout in the Add Custom Fields to Projects and Tasks.
- Click Save & Next.
- Optional: Add Team Members to the project. Under the Team tab, in the search field, start typing the name of the User, Queue, or Public Group you want to add to the project and click on the name to make your selection.
Note: If project privacy is enabled, you will also be able to manage user privacy settings from this tab.
- Optional: Connect Chatter Groups to the project. Click on the Chatter tab. In the Add Project to the following Chatter Group Filters field, click to add one or multiple Chatter Groups. If you connect Chatter Groups to the project, that project will appear in all board filters that use a Chatter Group filter to sort projects.
- Click Save or Save & Close.
Create a New Sub-Project
Create a New Project from Template Clone
Stitch a Project
Projects can also be built using the Stitcher. The Stitcher allows joining together multiple template projects and task groups to make a single project. For more information, go to the Stitcher article.