Schedule Projects with Dependencies Enabled
When dependencies are enabled in TaskRay, the Project Start and Project End dates are determined by the task schedule. As you schedule tasks within a project, the Project Start and Project End dates automatically populate. Furthermore, as tasks are rescheduled and edited, the Project Start and End Dates are overwritten accordingly.
You can learn more about dependencies and how to manage them in the Manage Dependencies support topic.
Schedule Projects with Dependencies Disabled
There are a couple of different ways for scheduling projects with dependencies disabled.
Schedule in Plan View
- In Plan View, locate the project that needs to be scheduled, which should have a Calendar icon next to its name. To schedule the project, drag the Calendar icon onto the desired date on the timeline.
- To adjust the project duration on the timeline, click on the right side of the project bar and drag it to a new date.
Schedule by Entering Dates in Project Details
Alternatively, you can schedule projects by manually entering the dates in the Project Details.
- In the left sidebar, hover over the project that needs to be scheduled and click on the More Actions icon that appears.
- Select Edit Project. Alternatively, double click on the project.
- Click Edit on the Project Details screen.
- Enter the Project Start and/or Project End date(s).
- Click Save or Save & Close.