When dependencies are enabled in TaskRay, the Project start and end dates are determined by the task schedule. As you schedule tasks within a project, the start and end dates will automatically populate. Furthermore, as tasks are rescheduled and edited, the Project start and end dates will be overwritten accordingly.
You can read more about scheduling tasks in the Schedule Tasks article.
There are a couple of different ways for scheduling projects with dependencies disabled.
Schedule in Plan View
- In Plan View, locate the project that needs to be scheduled (unscheduled projects have Pin icons next to their names in the Projects & Tasks sidebar). To schedule the project, drag the Pin icon onto the desired date on the timeline.
- To adjust the project duration on the timeline, click on either side of the project bar and drag it to a new date. If you drag the left side of the bar, the project start date will adjust; if you drag the right side, the project end date will adjust.
Schedule by Entering Dates in Project Details
Alternatively, you can schedule projects by manually entering the dates in the Project Details.
- In the All Work tab, in the left sidebar, hover over the project that needs to be scheduled and click on the More Actions icon that appears.
- Select Edit Project. Alternatively, double click on the project.
- Click Edit on the Project Details screen.
- Enter the Start and/or End date(s).
- Click Save or Save & Close.