April 2018 1.664-1.691
- New TaskRay Dependency detail object on TaskRay Task to support multiple dependency relationships between tasks. Every dependency connection between tasks will now have a TaskRay Dependency record that will track successor task, predecessor task, dependency type, and lag.
- Extended the options for connecting dependencies between tasks in Plan View to account for all four dependency types. It is now possible to connect tasks with the following dependency types: finish-to-start, finish-to-finish, start-to-start, and start-to-finish.
- Added new visualizations for dependencies in Plan View to incorporate all four dependency types.
- New Dependency menu component in Plan View that appears when a dependency arrow is selected. The menu allows adjusting dependency type and lag for the relevant set of tasks, as well as deletion of the dependency connection and its associated TaskRay Dependency record.
- Consolidated the Details and Repeat tabs in the Task Details pane into sub-tabs. Added a Predecessors sub-tab to Task Details that lists all dependent predecessor tasks for the selected task and allows editing of dependency details as well as the addition of new predecessor tasks.
- Added ability to create dependencies between tasks that are in different projects.
- Included a process that can be activated to notify dependent task owners when predecessor tasks are completed.
- Updated the criteria for schedule conflicts (dependencies at risk) to incorporate all four dependency types.
- Added a new Has Schedule Conflict checkbox field to TaskRay Task. This checkbox is used by the TaskRay app to indicate if a task is in a schedule conflict with another task.
- Added a new Predecessor Tasks Incomplete checkbox field to TaskRay Task. This checkbox is used by the TaskRay app to indicate if a task has dependent predecessors that are not finished.
- Renamed two fields on TaskRay Task that pertained to the legacy dependencies functionality to indicate that they are no longer supported. Dependent On has been changed to Dependent On (Legacy Dependencies) and Dependency Offset to Dependency Offset (Legacy Dependencies).
- Incorporated support for cloning templates and projects with new multiple dependency relationships.
- Included a check that prevents creating more than one dependency relationship between the same set of tasks.
- Updated the optional validation rule on TaskRay Task that prevents the completion of dependent predecessors if the successor task is incomplete to account for the new multiple dependencies structure.
- Updated the Tasks At Risk section in the Info tab and the Assistant to reflect the new schedule conflict criteria (tasks at risk).
Important for Admins - Migration to Multiple Dependencies
- New custom setting in TaskRay Global Settings: Enable Multiple Dependencies. The old dependencies setting has been renamed to Enable Legacy Dependencies and is no longer supported.
- Added a section to the Admin tab in Tools and Settings that provides a way to run a script to automatically migrate all existing legacy dependencies onto the new multiple dependencies structure, as well as enables the multiple dependencies setting in TaskRay Global Settings. The section is only visible if legacy dependencies are enabled.
- Included a Migration Confirmation email notification that is sent after the migration script is executed to outline how the legacy dependencies got transferred onto the new multiple dependencies structure, count of new TaskRay Dependency records created, count of any errors, as well as the next steps for completing the transition onto the new functionality.
Baselines allow taking a snapshot of a project, including its task groups and tasks, at a specific point in time. Saved baselines can then be used for historical information and reporting to see how a project has performed over time and identify any problem areas.
- New Baselines menu in Plan View that lists all saved baselines on a project and allows setting a new baseline, managing saved baselines, and selecting a baseline to be viewed in Plan View. Only available when a single project is selected.
- Built a Set New Baseline pane that allows taking a snapshot of the project at the present time and adding notes. Setting a new baseline creates new Baseline records for the project and its task group(s) and task(s).
- Baselines visualization in Plan View as secondary bars below actual task, task group, and project bars. Task baseline bars are color-coded according to the task status at the time of when the baseline was taken: gray for all open tasks, green for all completed tasks, and red for all overdue tasks.
- New Manage Baselines pane that allows viewing all saved baselines on a selected project, editing Notes on saved baselines, opening the Baselines record in the Salesforce interface, as well as deleting baselines.
- New TaskRay Baseline detail object on TaskRay Project for storing historical information from the original project when a new baseline is created by the user.
- New TaskRay Task Group Baseline detail object on TaskRay Task Group for storing information from the original task group at the time of setting a new baseline.
- New TaskRay Task Baseline detail object on TaskRay Task for storing information from the original task at the time of setting a new baseline.
- Added a confirmation dialog that appears when the option to delete a baseline is selected.
- Ability to add and remove custom columns in the Manage Baselines pane to display information from the Baseline record.
- Functionality to export the table from the Manage Baselines pane in CSV and print formats.
Plan View Export
- Replaced the existing Plan View Print button with an Export button that includes two options: CSV and Print.
- New Print configuration options that provide additional scaling options, ability to set a date range for the export, as well as the option to exclude the Project & Tasks sidebar from the export.
- Added support for multiple dependencies and baselining for printing.
- Included a setting in TaskRay Global Settings to use the old Plan View print settings, which do not support the new multiple dependencies or baselining features.
- Info Tab: Added a section under Insights to show summarized information for time tracking on the selected project(s): Estimated Time (hrs) and Actual Time (hrs).
- Project More Actions: Added a new option to access the Manage Baselines pane.
- Plan View: Updated the Week scaling option to use Monday for the first day of the week.
- Info Tab: Updated the Tasks by Team Member section to remember user preferences for selected lists.
- TaskRay Communities: Added a new custom setting Use default sharing reason (Communities) to address ownership of tasks for Customer Community users.
- Calendar View: Set the color for unassigned tasks to gray.
- Tables Styling: Made styling changes to tables throughout the app for consistency. Updated Timesheet View in the right sidebar and Time and Files tabs on Tasks.
- API: Upgraded API version.
- Work Orders: Added support in the app for Work Orders. Additionally, Work Orders are now supported by the TaskRay Field Trickler.
- Task Group Clone: Fixed a bug where cloning a task group without setting a date would default to the next day instead of the current day.
- Task Quick Add: Fixed a bug where the cursor would change focus in Plan View if the Quick Add field was open while opening another pane, such as Task Details.
- Project: Resolved a bug with removing Chatter Groups from a project.
- Plan View Columns: Fixed a bug with the date fields on the Plan View columns where it was not possible to change the month on the calendar.
- Project View: Resolved an issue with Single Project Search in Project View that occurred if a different board filter was selected in any of the other TaskRay views.
TaskRay Lightning Components
- TaskRay Projects and Snapshot: Updated the components to reflect new schedule conflict criteria (count of tasks at risk).
- Menus: Updated the menus on Snapshot and To Do components to open on click.
- Settings: Added an option to TaskRay Component Global Settings that allows opening tasks in the standard Salesforce interface when accessed from one of the TaskRay Lightning Components.