Categorizing time entries allows you to customize the time tracking functionality for your reporting. The feature is not enabled by default and it must be turned on in your org by your admin. To get the most out of this feature, you will need to make additional configuration changes once the feature is enabled, including updating the categories to fit the needs of your team and organization.
Enable The Type Field On Time Entries [Admin]
- From Setup, navigate to
- Lightning: Custom Code | Custom Settings.
- Classic: Develop | Custom Settings.
Careful! There are two New buttons. One sets default limits at the organization level, the other sets limits by user or profile. We do not currently support user or profile based settings.
Set Type For Values [Admin]
Next, you will want to update your billable time entries type values. You should define the values that make the most sense to your team based on your organization's needs.
- From Setup, navigate to:
- Lightning: Objects and Fields | Object Manager
- Classic: Create | Objects
- Scroll down and select TaskRay Time.
- Select Fields and Relationships.
- Select Type.
- Under Values, select New.
- Enter the picklist values for the Type field on the TaskRay Time Object and click Save.
- Once you have entered new values for Type, you can now delete the placeholder value Admin Must Configure Values for Type. Click the Delete button next to that value.
Use The Type Field on Time Entries
When you log time in TaskRay, you will now be able to set the Type field for Time Tracking. This can be used in billing and reporting for enhanced transparency. You can read more about adding time entries in this support article: Add Time Entries.