You can assign different statuses to projects in TaskRay using the Status field. The status of a project is associated with a color, which is used for visual reference when looking at a list of projects in Portfolio View or the Template Performance View.
By default, TaskRay comes with three options for project status: Green, Yellow, and Red. However, it is possible to modify the provided values, as well as add custom values to use as indicators for the project status according to the needs of your organization.
The status of a project can indicate a variety of things and it is up to your organization to decide what the meaning of status is on a project. Below are a couple of examples of what the status can mean when set on a project:
- Risk: Some organizations see the status of a project as a risk indicator. Red could indicate that the project is at a high risk of not being completed on time, while green could indicate that the project is on track for being completed as scheduled.
- Stage: Another example of assigning a status to a project is in the context of what stage the project is in. One status value could indicate that the project is in the initial stage, such as planning. Another status value could indicate that the project is completed.
There are multiple ways to set the status on a project. Below are instructions for two of those ways.
Follow the steps below to set the status on a project through Project Details. To do this, you will use the Status field in Project Details.
- From Setup, navigate to:
- Lightning: Objects and Fields | Object Manager.
- Classic: Create | Objects.
- Select TaskRay Project.
- Navigate to the Field Sets section and select TaskRay Project Field Set.
- Move the Status field into the In the Field Set container.
- Click Save.
- In TaskRay, locate the project that you want to set a status on and open its Project Details.
- Double click on the Status field. Alternatively, click Edit to enter editing mode.
- From the Status field dropdown, select a Status value.
- Click Save or Save & Close.
[Performance] Portfolio View
Another way to set the status on a project is through the Portfolio View, which can be accessed through the Portfolio tab from the TaskRay toolbar.
- From the Performance tab, in Portfolio View, filter the view to display the project(s) on which you would like to set a status using the Project Filter menu located at the top of the page.
- Add the Status column to the board. To do this, click on the Configure Columns button in the top right corner of the table and move Status to the Selected Fields box.
- Navigate to the project on which you would like to set or change the status. Hover over the cell for the Status column and click on the Edit icon that appears.
- Select the Status value.