TaskRay allows you to complete projects in a couple of different ways. While it is possible to complete projects at any point in the project's lifecycle, completion of a project is most often tied to the overall progress of the project.
Within the TaskRay app, you can complete projects through the Project Details. From there, you will have two options: one to complete the project in a simple manner and the other to complete it through the TaskRay Customer Onboarding Completion Flow. The TaskRay Customer Onboarding Completion Flow is designed specifically for the customer onboarding use case and will walk the users through all of the necessary steps to complete a customer onboarding project, including gathering all of the necessary customer information and internal/external sentiment. You can read all about the TaskRay Customer Onboarding Completion Flow in this article. Additionally, it is possible to modify the provided options in the Complete Project prompt through the TaskRay Global Settings.
When you mark the project as complete, if it contains any task groups, those task groups will also get marked as complete automatically.
Finally, TaskRay offers an option in TaskRay Tools and Settings to mark all projects and task groups with 100% progress as complete. Although this is optional, you can use this to ensure that all existing projects are accurately marked for reporting purposes.
- In the All Work tab, in the left sidebar, hover over the project that you want to complete and click on the More Actions icon that appears.
- Select Edit Project. Alternatively, double click on the project name in the sidebar.
Tip: You can also access Project Details from the Performance tab Portfolio View. To do this, hover over the row for the project that you want to edit, click on the More Actions icon on the far right, and select Project Details.
- This will open the Project Details. Click on the Complete button.
Note: If the project has already been completed, the Complete button will be inactive and the button label will change to communicate that.
- This will open the pane to display two options for how you would like to complete the project. For the simple completion, select the Just complete the project option.
- Click Complete.
- This will mark the project as complete and take you back to Project Details. From here, you can review all of the project information and optionally archive the project. Archiving the project will hide it from all TaskRay views, but will still leave the project available for reporting in Salesforce. You can read more about archiving in this article.
The org-wide default for Project Completion options can be modified in the TaskRay Global Settings. This can be done by the system administrator.
When changing this setting, you will have three options: Choice, Simple, and Flow. Below are the descriptions for each one of the options:
- Choice: This is the default option. When this is selected, users will see two options when clicking on the Complete button in Project Details: to simply complete the project or to launch the Customer Onboarding Completion Flow.
- Simple: Selecting this option will not present any options for completing the project and will simply mark the project as complete when the Complete button is clicked in Project Details.
- Flow: Selecting this option will not present any options for completing the project and will launch the Customer Onboarding Completion Flow automatically when the Complete button is clicked in Project Details.
Follow the steps below to modify the settings if necessary.
- From Setup, navigate to:
- Lightning: Custom Code | Custom Settings.
- Classic: Develop | Custom Settings.
- Click Manage next to TaskRay Global Settings.
- If setting for the first time, click New just above the line that reads Default Organization Level Value. Otherwise, click Edit.
Careful! There are two New buttons. One sets default limits at the organization level, the other sets limits by user or profile. We do not currently support user or profile based settings.
- Locate the Project completion Option setting and enter one of the three values: Choice, Simple, or Flow.
- Click Save.
If you would like to execute the migration script to mark all existing projects and task groups with 100% progress as complete, you can do so through TaskRay Tools and Settings. Although this is optional, you can use this to ensure that all existing projects are accurately marked for reporting purposes.
Keep in mind, this option is only available to system administrators. Therefore, if you do not see this option in Tools and Settings, contact your system administrator.
- In TaskRay, click on the Gear icon in the top right corner in the TaskRay toolbar.
- Click on the Admin tab.
- In the Utilities section, click on Run migration to complete all projects and task groups with 100% progress.