Once the setup for the TaskRay External Sharing feature is completed, the next step is to make projects available for external sharing. If you have not yet completed setup for this feature, refer to this article: Configure TaskRay External Sharing.
By default, any user who has access to the project can share the project, but it is possible to restrict this ability using validation rules. Out of the box, TaskRay comes with one validation rule that can be turned on to restrict this ability to project owners.
Additionally, if you need to control the visibility of certain tasks (e.g. hide certain tasks from the External Sharing Link), you can designate those as Internal Only.
To share a project, go to TaskRay and follow these steps:
- In the All Work tab, in the left sidebar, hover over the project that you want to edit and click on the More Actions icon that appears.
- Select Edit Project. Alternatively, double click on the project.
- This will open the Project Details. Double click on the Available for External Sharing field and select the checkbox. Alternatively, click Edit to enter editing mode and select the Available for External Sharing checkbox.
- Click Save.
- This should generate a link in the External Sharing Link field. Copy the URL and share it with the external stakeholder not on TaskRay or even Salesforce.
- To disable the project from being shared, uncheck the Available for External Sharing checkbox on the project.