This feature is available to the following product editions:
Once the setup for the TaskRay Public Dashboard feature is completed, the next step is to make projects viewable on the Public Dashboard. If you have not yet completed setup for this feature, refer to this article: Configure TaskRay Public Dashboard.
By default, any user who has access to the project can share the project, but it is possible to restrict this ability using validation rules. Out of the box, TaskRay comes with one validation rule that can be turned on to restrict this ability to project owners.
Additionally, if you need to control the visibility of certain tasks (e.g. hide certain tasks from the Public Dashboard Link), you can designate those as Internal Only.
To share a project, go to TaskRay and follow these steps:
- In the All Work tab, in the left sidebar, hover over the project that you want to edit and click on the More Actions icon that appears.
- Select Edit Project. Alternatively, double click on the project.
- This will open the Project Details. Double click on the Viewable in Public Dashboard field and select the checkbox. Alternatively, click Edit to enter editing mode and select the Viewable in Public Dashboard checkbox.
- Optionally, populate the Public Dashboard Notes field, which appears in the Public Dashboard and acts as a means to share any information on a per-project basis with your external stakeholders.
- Click Save.
- This should generate a link in the Public Dashboard Link field. Copy the URL and share it with the external stakeholder not on TaskRay or even Salesforce.
- To disable the project from being shared, uncheck the Viewable in Public Dashboard checkbox on the project.
Note:If your project has sub-projects, external stakeholders will be able to see the project AND all sub-projects that are marked as "Viewable on the Public Dashboard." If you'd like to share a particular sub-project with a stakeholder, use the Public Dashboard Link specific to the sub-project.