This article explains the purpose of Flux Resources and explains the difference between Resources connected to Users and Queues. Flux Resource licensing requirements are also explained.
Flux Resource Definition
Flux Resources are the foundation of the Flux Capacity app.
Flux Resource is a custom object that connects a Salesforce User or Queue to the Flux Capacity app. The Flux Resource record (example below) establishes important settings that drive the Flux Capacity reporting engine.
Flux Resources and TaskRay
A Flux Resource mirrors the Owner of your TaskRay Task and TaskRay Time records.
Behind the scenes, Flux Capacity connects TaskRay Tasks and TaskRay Time to a Flux Resource as you create and assign the Owner on Tasks and as you log Time.
With this connection in place, the Flux Capacity reporting engine crunches the numbers to deliver capacity forecasts and actual utilization measurements.
Flux Resource Types
There are two types of Flux Resources
- Flux Resource Users
- Flux Resource Queues
Flux Resource Users
Flux Resource Users: The Flux Resource record Owner is a Salesforce User.
An active Flux Resource User is a Salesforce User with the following special functions:
- Included in Flux Capacity actual utilization performance metrics.
- Included in Flux Capacity resource capacity metrics.
- Can be assigned TaskRay Tasks using the Flux Assignment components.
- Can create individual Time Away requests or have Time Away requests input on their behalf.
- Included in company Time Away Plans.
- Becomes the record owner of all Flux Capacity objects for purposes of reporting and to establish the security sharing model.
Flux Resource User Licensing
Typically, Flux Resource users are established for each TaskRay licensed user, but that is not an absolute licensing requirement.
A Flux Resource license is required for each active Flux Resource User. Users of TaskRay that do not have an active Flux Resource established cannot take advantage of the above special functions.
Flux Resource Queues
Flux Resource Queues: The Flux Resource record Owner is a Salesforce Queue.
An active Flux Resource Queue is used in the following ways:
- Placeholder for TaskRay Tasks not yet assigned to a User.
- Each Flux Resource Queue connects to a single Flux Team so that unassigned TaskRay Tasks contribute to Flux Team capacity forecasts.
Flux Resource Queue Licensing
A Flux Capacity license is NOT required for each active Flux Resource Queue. you may have as many Flux Resource Queues as is necessary to support your implementation. There is no impact on licensing.