Additionally, this feature utilizes Salesforce Sites functionality, which is available to Enterprise and Unlimited editions of Salesforce.
The External Owner Reminder email can be configured by following the Tools & Settings utility. If configured through the utility, it will send a reminder email to External Owners via the provided every Monday at about 9 AM, which is based on the time zone listed under your Company Profile in Salesforce. It will include an aggregate of incomplete tasks that they are assigned.
Should you wish to schedule the reminder emails for another frequency or time, follow the below steps to manually schedule the apex job:
- From Setup, navigate to:
- Lightning: Custom Code | Apex Classes.
- Classic: Develop | Apex Classes.
- Click on Schedule Apex.
- Give the job a name, such as TaskRay External Reminder Emails in the Job Name field.
- Choose trExternalOwnerReminder for Apex Class.
- Select your chosen Frequency, and populate the related frequency options.
- Add a Start and End Date
Tip: Set the End Date several years out, so you don't have to worry about updating it.
- Select your Preferred Start Time.
- Click Save.