The TaskRay Template Hub is a tab that provides a single workspace for template managers to manage their template projects. In the Template Hub, templates are organized by the Principal Template. The Principal Template can contain multiple versions of the same template project. The Template Hub is where you construct, edit, and activate these templates.
You can navigate to the TaskRay Template Hub within the TaskRay Lightning App. The TaskRay Template Hub tab will show up if you have one of the permission sets mentioned in the above callout.
While the TaskRay Template Hub can initially appear a bit lonely, you'll soon find that this will be the place where you manage your favorite business processes and project templates!
Clicking the + Create button will launch a wizard to help walk you through the creation of a new Template. This wizard will walk you through a series of steps like defining the name of the template all the way to defining dependent relationships between date-driven tasks.
It's important to examine the help on the right side of the screen for each step as you walk through the template creation. This help text will update to provide helpful guidance and best practices for each step as you advance through them.
Don't forget the final Review step! This can be a great place to examine your template as a whole, and even bring in additional stakeholders to make sure you have alignment on the process!
TaskRay provides a robust template versioning system. This allows you to make changes to a template without disturbing the existing template and allowing you to do some proper change control and training with the teams utilizing the template!
Creating a new Template Version
By drilling into the Principal Template of the SaaS Onboarding Template, we are able to click the new version button, and create a new version. Creating a new version allows us to make modifications to the template without impacting current usage of the Template. It's important to note that you are unable to edit a previously activated template version, so creating a new Template Version from that previously activated version is your path to making changes on it.
Existing Template Version Actions
- Activate / Deactivate- These actions will be covered in the Activation section below
- Edit- Jump back into the builder where you can modify all properties of the template
- Duplicate- Quickly make a new version of the selected version.
- Archive- Archive this version and remove it from view
- Delete- Permanently delete this version from Salesforce
- Get IDs- Obtain Addressable IDs for templates and template task groups. These are used in automations as a durable way to address an activated template.
Activating a Template or more accurately, a specific Template Version, means that the Addressable ID for the Principal Template now points to the currently active version.
Activation and Deactivation of a specific Template Version allows you to declaratively deploy changes to all of your automations with no further Salesforce admin or configuration work.
During the course of template creation, you may find it necessary to take some actions related to the entire Principal Template.
- Duplicate- Make a new Principal Template with one version sourced from the original active version
- Archive- Archive the entire Principal Template tree and remove it from view
- Delete- Permanently delete this entire Principal Template tree
- Get IDs- Obtain Addressable IDs for active templates and template task groups. These are used in automations as a durable way to address an activated template.
Template Management Summary
Templates are a crucial portion of TaskRay and allow you to repeatably create and execute projects. The TaskRay Template Hub is your main entry point for managing all aspects of Templates in TaskRay. Utilize the TaskRay Template Hub and Builder interfaces to fully configure and deploy your repeatable processes.