Template Versioning introduces new template Ids, called Addressable Ids, that maintain the mapping between your automations and templates. When an Addressable Id is used in an automation, it will always point to the active template version. This article walks through how to update template references in cloning Process Builders from Salesforce Ids to Addressable Ids.
Below are the high-level steps:
- Identify the Salesforce Id for Your Template
- Identify the Addressable Id for Your Template
- Replace the Salesforce Id with the Addressable Id in Your Process Builder
- Save & Activate Your Process Builder
- From Setup, navigate to:
- Lightning: Process Automation | Process Builder
- Classic: Create | Workflows & Approvals | Process Builder
- Click on your cloning Flow to open it (e.g. "Create Project").
- Inside the automation, open the TaskRay apex action. It will be one of the following actions:
- Clone a TaskRay Project
- Clone a TaskRay Project - Async
- Record the ID in the Template Project Salesforce Id field (e.g. "a023t00000iPALO").
Note: This field may be called the Template Project Id.
- In a new tab, open Reports.
- Under Folders, select All Folders | TaskRay Template Reports
- Open the Template Versioning Setup 1 report.
- Using the Template Project Salesforce Id you recorded above in Step 1, find and record the corresponding Addressable Id (e.g. "PT_RVSNBY1C5.PJ_sBZKF30r8")
Tip! Use Search to quickly find the Salesforce Project Id in the report.Note: If your template has multiple Task Groups, a count of the Task Groups will appear at the end of the Id in parenthesis e.g. "(3)" Do NOT record this; it is not a part of the Addressable Id.
- Go back to your Process Builder from Step 1.
- Remove the Template Project Salesforce Id field.
Tip! If you cannot remove the Template Project Id field, you may need to remove and re-add the apex action. If so, it's recommended to document all inputs before removing the action.
- Add the Template Project Addressable Id field.
- Populate the field with the Addressable Id you recorded above (e.g. "PT_RVSNBY1C5.PJ_sBZKF30r8").
- Click Save.