If you want to remove certain projects from all TaskRay views, yet still want to access those projects for reference or reporting in the future, you can archive those projects. Archiving a project will remove the project, its related task groups and tasks, and its sub-projects from all TaskRay boards. However, you will still have the ability to access archived projects through list views, reports and dashboards using the Archive filter, as well as by using the Archived standard board filter in TaskRay.
Projects can be unarchived through the standard Salesforce interface, if needed.
Archive a Project
- In the Work tab, in the left sidebar, hover over the project that you want to archive and click on the More Actions icon that appears.
- Select Archive Project.
Tip: You can also archive a project from the Portfolio tab Project View. To do this, hover over the row for the project that you want to archive, click on the More Actions icon on the far right, and select Project Details.
- A confirmation dialog will ask you to confirm. Archiving a project will hide the project, its related tasks, as well as any related sub-projects from TaskRay. Click Archive.
Alternatively, you can also archive a project from Project Details by clicking on the Archive button.
Unarchive a Project
- Use the Salesforce global search to search for the archived project.
- From the search results, open the project.
- In the project details, click Edit.
- In the Edit dialog that comes up, uncheck the Archived checkbox.
- Click Save.
It is also possible to set up a process that would automatically archive completed projects. If you would like to set this up, please have your admin follow the instructions in this article: Auto-Archive Completed Projects.