If you want to remove projects from the board, yet still want to access those projects for reference or reporting in the future, you can archive those projects. Archiving a project will remove the project, its related tasks, and its sub-projects from the TaskRay boards. However, you will still have the ability to access archived projects through list views, reports and dashboards using the Archive filter, as well as by using the Archived standard board filter in TaskRay.
Projects can be unarchived through the standard Salesforce interface, if needed.
Archive a Project
- In the left sidebar, hover over the project that you want to archive and click on the More Actions icon that appears.
- Select Archive Project.
- A confirmation dialog will ask you to confirm. Archiving a project will hide the project, its related tasks, as well as any related sub-projects.
- Using the Archive sub-projects checkbox, specify if you want to include the associated sub-projects in the archive.
- Click Archive.
Unarchive a Project
- Use the Salesforce global search to search for the archived project.
- From the search results, open the project.
- In the project details, click Edit.
- In the Edit dialog that comes up, uncheck the Archived checkbox.
- Click Save.
It is also possible to set up a process that would automatically archive completed projects. If you would like to set this up, please have your admin follow the instructions in this article: Auto-Archive Completed Projects.