You can attach files to TaskRay Projects and Tasks from the Files tab or via the integrated Chatter functionality.
- Locate the Project or Task to which you want to attach a file to and open its details.
- Click on the Files tab.
- A list of files and links will display, including:
- File or Link Name (you can click on it to open the Chatter Files page or link in a new window)
- File Source
- File Owner
- Last Modified
- More Actions, including Delete and Download (for files only)
- You can sort the files by Title, Owner, Last Modifed, or Size by clicking on Column Header.
From the Files tab in Project or Task Details, choose between:
- Upload Files: Clicking on Upload Fields will open a computer browser window. Locate the necessary file and attach it.
- Drop Files: Drag a file(s) from your desktop and drop on the Drop Files box to easily attach a file.
Once a file is attached to a task, the Files icon on the Task Card in Kanban and Row Views will change color as an indicator.
Since TaskRay is a Salesforce native app, when a file is added to a TaskRay Project or Task, it can also be viewed through the standard Salesforce UI. If you open the TaskRay Project or Task record in the standard Salesforce UI, you should see all of the attached files in the Files related list. Furthermore, if you upload a file to a TaskRay Project or Task record through the standard UI, that file will also appear on the Project/Task in TaskRay.