The fields on the TaskRay Project and Task objects can be customized, added, or removed. You can also select which fields are displayed on the Project or Task Details in TaskRay.
Create Custom Fields for TaskRay [Admin]
You can add custom fields to TaskRay Project and Task objects, which will then be displayed in the standard Salesforce interface.
Additionally, the fields that you add to the Task object will be available as options for adding columns with task information in Plan View.
- From Setup, navigate to:
- Lightning: Objects and Fields | Object Manager
- Classic: Create | Objects
- Open the TaskRay Project or TaskRay Task object.
- Under Fields and Relationships, click on New.
- Follow the steps to create a new field.
For more information about the different types of fields, please see the Custom Field Types Salesforce support article.
Add and Modify Fields Displayed on Project or Task Details (Within TaskRay) [Admin]
You can customize the layout of the Project and Task Details in TaskRay by modifying field sets. You can add, remove, or reorder the fields on the Project or Task Details without modifying any code.
- From Setup, navigate to Create | Objects.
- Select TaskRay Project or TaskRay Task.
- Scroll down to the Field Sets section and click Edit next to TaskRay Task or TaskRay Project Field Set.
- Make desired changes:
- Add Fields: You can add fields to the TaskRay Project or Task Details layout by dragging fields from the object palette and dropping them into the In the Field Set container.
- Remove Fields: To remove a field from the Project or Task layout, drag that field from the In the Field Set container back to the object palette. Alternatively, hover over that field and click on the X that appears.
- Mark Fields as Required: In the In the Field Set container, locate the field that you want to be required in TaskRay and double click on it. Alternatively, hover over that field and click on the Wrench icon that appears. In the prompt, select the Required checkbox and click OK. This will make the field required in TaskRay and will prompt users to always enter a value.
- Reorder Fields: To reorganize the fields on the Project and Task Details layouts, drag fields up or down the In the Field Set list and drop them in the desired order. Keep in mind that in TaskRay the Project and Task Details summaries display in two columns. Therefore, every other field will appear in the left or right column.
- Click Save.