Chatter in TaskRay allows you and your team stay coordinated and up to date. There are multiple ways to utilize Chatter within TaskRay, making it easy to collaborate on projects and tasks. You can access Chatter directly from the Task Card, as well as view an aggregated feed from the right sidebar in TaskRay. Using Chatter, you can communicate with your team members directly on the task or project, attach files, and get notified when certain specified fields get updated on the project or task.
For Projects, Chatter can be accessed from the Project Details.
- In the All Work tab, in the left sidebar, hover over the project for which you want to access Chatter and click on the More Actions icon that appears.
- Select Edit Project. Alternatively, double click on the project.
Tip: You can also access Project Details from the Performance tab Portfolio View. To do this, hover over the row for the project on which you want to access Chatter, click on the More Actions icon on the far right, and select Project Details.
- This will open the Project Details. Click on the Chatter tab.
Every Task in TaskRay also has a Chatter tab. Although the tab can be accessed through Task Details, it can also be accessed directly from the Task Card when in Kanban or Row Views using the Chat Bubble icon. The Chat Bubble will also have an indicator if there are any unread messages on the Task's Chatter Feed.
To access Chatter through the Task Details, follow the steps below:
- Locate the task for which you want to access Chatter and open its Task Details.
- Click on the Chatter tab.
When you are in the Chatter tab on Project or Task Details, you can create Chatter posts simply by typing your message and clicking on Share. However, there are a couple of things to keep in mind, which will help you get the most out of the feature.
You can @mention other TaskRay users and Chatter Groups in your posts.
When you @mention another user in a post, he or she receives an email notification with your post and a link to view it in Salesforce. Without the @mention, notifications are not sent on new Chatter posts.
You can read more about @mentions in the @Mention People and Groups in Posts and Comments Salesforce article.
Another thing to keep in mind is that if you leave a comment on a Chatter post, you will automatically start receiving notifications whenever any additional comments are added to the post even if you are not directly @mentioned. This is enabled by default in Salesforce, but you can change your preferences in My Settings | Chatter | Email Notifications using the Comments after me checkbox.
Attach Files and Links
You can also attach files and links to projects and tasks using Chatter. You can read about attaching files in the Attach Files to Projects and Tasks support article.
In TaskRay, you can view an aggregated feed of Chatter activity for both projects and tasks in the right sidebar.
- Click on the Feed tab in the right sidebar.
- An aggregated feed of Chatter posts for the currently selected projects will display.
Note: You can select the desired projects in the left sidebar when in the All Work tab. If you are in the Portfolio tab Project View, select projects in the list on the board. This will adjust the aggregated feed of Chatter posts in the right sidebar accordingly. Lastly, in My Work View, the Feed tab will display Chatter posts that are associated with the tasks that are visible on the board.Note: In My Work, the Feed tab will be organized into two sub-tabs: Notifications and Chatter. The Chatter sub-tab will contain linked Chatter posts, and the Notifications sub-tab will contain in-app notifications regarding tasks and projects. You can read more about in-app notifications in this article: TaskRay Notifications.
- You can click on the Refresh icon to update the feed.
- You can comment on Chatter posts directly from the sidebar. To do so, click on Comment under the desired Chatter post.
- You can click on a Project or Task Name for a Chatter post to open the Project/Task Details.
- Click Hide to close the sidebar.