In this article, you will find information about navigating TaskRay. Specifically, this article will review the TaskRay toolbar, as well as the right and left sidebars.
The TaskRay toolbar is mainly used to navigate TaskRay. It is organized into three main tabs: My Work, All Work, and Portfolio.
- My Work tab provides access to your personalized workspace where you can manage all of the tasks and checklists that are assigned to you, as well as view notifications.
- All Work tab includes four other views that are designed for working on projects and tasks, which you can switch between using the icons in the tab: Kanban, Row, Plan, and Calendar. These views offer different ways for executing work and managing tasks and projects.
- Portfolio tab includes the Project View, which is the place where you can see all or a subset of projects in a list format. This is a great place to quickly view high-level information and get insights on project health.
Going from left to right, below is a list of icons in the TaskRay toolbar and descriptions for what they do:
- Open/Close Sidebar: Toggles between collapsed and expanded views of the left sidebar.
- My Work tab: Accesses the My Work View and in-app notifications.
- All Work tab: Accesses the four Work views and exposes additional icons for navigating between different views and filtering tasks:
- Views: Kanban, Row, Plan, and Calendar.
- Show/Hide Lists: Allows filtering tasks by status list (i.e. columns in Kanban View). When a status list is selected in this menu, all of the tasks from that list become hidden across the four Work views.
- Portfolio tab: Accesses Project View.
- Search: Used to quickly locate a project/task group/task. For more information, see the following articles: Search for Projects and Search for Tasks.
- Tools and Settings: Opens up User, Filter, and Admin (only visible to admins) settings for TaskRay.
- Drag & Drop Task Delete: [Only available in All Work tab] Can be dragged onto a task (or vice versa) to delete the task.
- TaskRay Support: Quick way for users to contact Support, request a feature, access TaskRay educational resources, and learn about the recent product changes.
- Toggle to Full Screen: [Only available in Salesforce Classic] Allows viewing TaskRay in full screen mode and then switching back to regular view mode.
The left sidebar appears in the All Work tab and allows you to navigate and filter projects and tasks. The Board Filters section includes standard and custom board filters, which help control the project list in the Projects section, as well as the visible tasks on your board. You can also specify which of the default board filters you want to see in the sidebar through the Settings. The sidebar can be hidden or expanded as necessary.
- Insights: Contains aggregate information for selected projects, organized into two sub-tabs: Overview and Charts. You can read more about the Info tab in the Info Tab in Right Sidebar article.
- Overview: Displays information such as Snapshot, Milestones, Tasks At Risk, and Tasks By Team Member.
- Charts: Allows to compare and chart task data using multiple types of charts.
- Feed: Displays all recent Chatter activity for the selected project(s).
- In My Work, this tab will also contain a Notifications section that will display in-app project and task notifications for the user. You can read more about in-app notifications in the TaskRay Notifications article.
- Files: Lists all of the uploaded files for the selected project(s).
- Assistant: Contains sections that display tasks that need attention (read more in the Assistant section of the guide). Hidden if no tasks meet criteria.
- Team: Shows all of the team members for the selected project(s).
- Time (if enabled): Shows logged time entries and allows adding new time entries to tasks. You can read more about the Time tab in the Timesheet View article.
- Errors (hidden): Will only display in the event of a record type mismatch, allowing you to resolve the issues.