In this article, you will find information about navigating TaskRay. Specifically, this article will review the TaskRay toolbar, as well as the right and left sidebars.
The TaskRay toolbar is mainly used to navigate TaskRay. It is organized into three main tabs: My Work, All Work, and Portfolio.
- My Work tab provides access to your personalized workspace where you can manage all of the tasks and checklists that are assigned to you, as well as view notifications.
- All Work tab includes up to five other views that are designed for working on projects and tasks, which you can switch between using the icons in the tab: Kanban, Row, Plan, Calendar, and Spreadsheet [Standard & Premium]. These views offer different ways for executing work and managing tasks and projects.
- Performance tab includes two views: Portfolio and Template Performance. This is a great place to quickly view high-level information and get insights on project health.
Going from left to right, below is a list of icons in the TaskRay toolbar and descriptions for what they do:
- Open/Close Sidebar: Toggles between collapsed and expanded views of the left sidebar.
- My Work tab: Accesses the My Work View and in-app notifications.
- All Work tab: Accesses the four Work views and exposes additional icons for navigating between different views and filtering tasks:
- Views: Kanban, Row, Plan, Calendar, and Spreadsheet.
- Show/Hide Lists: Allows filtering tasks by status list (i.e. columns in Kanban View). When a status list is selected in this menu, all of the tasks from that list become hidden across the four Work views.
- Performance tab: Accesses the Portfolio and the Template Performance views.
- Search: Used to quickly locate a project/task group/task. For more information, see the following articles: Search for Projects and Search for Tasks.
- Time (if enabled): Accesses the Time Tracking window that lists any logged time entries, allows adding new time entries to tasks, as well as provides a way to control any active timers. This icon will turn green if there are any timers currently running on any of your tasks. You can read more about the Time Tracking functionality in the Timesheet View article.
- Tools and Settings: Opens up User, Filter, and Admin (only visible to admins) settings for TaskRay.
- Drag & Drop Task Delete: [Only available in All Work tab] Can be dragged onto a task (or vice versa) to delete the task.
- TaskRay Support: Quick way for users to contact Support, request a feature, access TaskRay educational resources, and learn about the recent product changes.
- Toggle to Full Screen: [Only available in Salesforce Classic] Allows viewing TaskRay in full screen mode and then switching back to regular view mode.
- Insights: Contains aggregate information for selected projects, organized into two sub-tabs: Overview and Charts. You can read more about the Info tab in the Info Tab in Right Sidebar article.
- Overview: Displays information such as Snapshot, Milestones, Tasks At Risk, and Tasks By Team Member.
- Charts: Allows to compare and chart task data using multiple types of charts.
- Feed: Displays all recent Chatter activity for the selected project(s).
- In My Work, this tab will also contain a Notifications section that will display in-app project and task notifications for the user. You can read more about in-app notifications in the TaskRay Notifications article.
- Files: Lists all of the uploaded files for the selected project(s).
- Assistant: Contains sections that display tasks that need attention (read more in the Assistant section of the guide). Hidden if no tasks meet criteria.
- Team: Shows all of the team members for the selected project(s).
- Errors (hidden): Will only display in the event of a record type mismatch, allowing you to resolve the issues.