In this article, you will find information about navigating TaskRay. Specifically, this article will review the TaskRay toolbar, as well as the right and left sidebars.
The TaskRay toolbar is mainly used to navigate TaskRay. It is organized into two main tabs: Portfolio and Work. Using the Portfolio tab, you can access Project View, which is designed to show high-level information about project and task group health. The Work tab provides access to the four views designed for working on projects and tasks: Kanban, Row, Plan, and Calendar.
Going from left to right, below is a list of icons in the TaskRay toolbar and descriptions for what they do:
- Open/Close Sidebar: Toggles between collapsed and expanded views of the left sidebar.
- Portfolio tab: Accesses Project View.
- Work tab: Accesses Work views and exposes additional icons for navigating between different views and filtering tasks:
- Views: Kanban, Row, Plan, and Calendar.
- Show/Hide Lists: Allows filtering tasks by status list (i.e. columns in Kanban View). When a status list is selected in this menu, all of the tasks from that list become hidden across the four Work views.
- Search: Used to quickly locate a project/task group/task. For more information, see the following articles: Search for Projects and Search for Tasks.
- Portfolio tab: Searches task groups and projects within the list of projects.
- Work tab: Searches tasks on the board from the selected projects.
- Tools and Settings: Opens up User, Filter, and Admin (only visible to admins) settings for TaskRay.
- Drag & Drop Task Delete: [Only available in Work tab] Can be dragged onto a task (or vice versa) to delete the task.
- TaskRay Support: Quick way for users to contact Support, request a feature, access TaskRay educational resources, and learn about the recent product changes.
- Toggle to Full Screen: [Only available in Salesforce Classic] Allows viewing TaskRay in full screen mode and then switching back to regular view mode.
The left sidebar allows you to navigate and filter projects and tasks. The Board Filters section includes standard and custom board filters, which help control the project list in the Projects section, as well as the visible tasks on your board. You can also specify which of the default board filters you want to see in the sidebar through the Settings. The sidebar can be hidden or expanded as necessary.
- Team: Shows all of the team members for the selected project(s).
- Feed: Displays all recent Chatter activity for the selected project(s).
- Files: Lists all of the uploaded files for the selected project(s).
- Time (if enabled): Shows logged time entries and allows adding new time entries to tasks. You can read more about the Time tab in the Timesheet View article.
- Assistant: Contains sections that display tasks that need attention (read more in the Assistant section of the guide). Hidden if no tasks meet criteria.
- Info: Contains aggregate information for selected projects: Insights and Charts. You can read more about the Info tab in the Info Tab in Right Sidebar article.
- Insights: Displays information such as Snapshot, Milestones, Tasks At Risk, and Tasks By Team Member.
- Charts: Allows to compare and chart task data using multiple types of charts.
- Errors (hidden): Will only display in the event of a record type mismatch, allowing you to resolve the issues.