TaskRay is built 100% native to the Salesforce platform. This means that "behind the scenes" TaskRay's data is stored and accessed in the same way that any other data is stored and accessed in Salesforce. You can easily relate TaskRay Projects and Tasks to other data in Salesforce. For example, you could create lookup relationships between TaskRay and various Salesforce objects, such as Campaigns, Cases, Contacts, or custom objects.
Custom Lookup Relationship fields make it incredibly easy to link your TaskRay Tasks and Projects to any other data in Salesforce. And that relationship is full-featured, highly visible, and reportable.
- Displays the related record as a linked label on your TaskRay Project or Task Details layout in TaskRay.
- Creates a Related List of all TaskRay Projects or Tasks associated with the record in the standard Salesforce view of the record.
- Forms a reportable link between the TaskRay Project or Task and the other record, allowing the relationship to be summarized and analyzed using standard Salesforce Reports and Dashboards.
- Provides a relationship available for cross-object formulas and workflow.
In the example below, we will outline the process for creating a custom lookup field to link TaskRay Tasks and Salesforce Contacts, as well as establish a TaskRay Tasks related list on the Contacts page layout. This process can be tailored to your needs through incorporating different Salesforce and TaskRay objects.
The first step of the process is to create the custom lookup relationship. In this case, we are creating the relationship between the TaskRay Task and the Salesforce Contact objects.
- From Setup, navigate to:
- Lightning: Objects and Fields | Object Manager.
- Classic: Create | Objects.
There’s now a two-way link between TaskRay Tasks and Contacts, which means that there’s a Contact lookup field displayed in the TaskRay Task interface, allowing the users to note that a Task is related to a specific Contact.
In addition, there is also a new Related section on each Contact record that shows the TaskRay Tasks that have been related to the Contact.