Note: This feature is available to the following product editions:
If you are using Task Groups to organize your projects, the Ungrouped Tasks section of the Assistant can be very helpful. The Ungrouped Tasks section lists all of the tasks that have not been assigned to task groups within a project. It allows to easily distribute those tasks between task groups that are on the board using drag and drop.
The Ungrouped Tasks section of the Assistant is only visible in Task Group Mode in Kanban and Row Views and only if the selected project contains tasks that are not part of any task group (ungrouped).
- In the left sidebar, locate a project that has task groups and click on it to enter single project view. Alternatively, you can use Single Project Search to select the project.
- In Kanban or Row View, in the top right corner of the page, switch the Task Group Mode toggle to on.
- The board will change to show all task groups from that project. Click on the Assistant tab in the right sidebar.
- The tab will open and you should see the Ungrouped Tasks section, which will list all tasks that have not been placed in a task group for the selected project. You will not see this section if there are no ungrouped tasks.
- From here, select a task and drag it to the desired task group. This will assign the task to that task group.
Tip: Once tasks are placed in task groups, you can always move them between task groups if necessary.