Certain tasks and milestones are date-driven and need to occur on a specific date no matter what happens in the project. For such tasks and milestones, TaskRay has the functionality to lock dates.
Tasks and milestones with locked dates cannot be moved (rescheduled). If other dependent tasks are moved around, the locked tasks or milestones will stay put and will not be affected by any dependency updates.
In addition, schedule conflicts could occur when a locked task or milestone has a dependent predecessor task with an end date that occurs after the locked task or milestone. When a schedule conflict occurs, the dependency between the two tasks will turn red. All schedule conflicts will appear in the Assistant under Tasks At Risk.
Locked tasks and milestones will display a Lock icon next to them to indicate that the dates are locked.
Lock Dates on a Task or Milestone
- Locate the task or milestone that you want to lock dates on and open its Task Details.
- Double click on the Lock Dates field and select the checkbox. Alternatively, click Edit to enter editing mode and select the Lock Dates checkbox.
Note: If you do not see the Lock Dates field in Task Details, that means that it has not been added to the Task Field Set. If you would like to add this field to the Task Details layout, your admin would need to modify the Task Field Set (Classic only; Admin instructions below).
- From Setup, navigate to Create | Objects.
- Select TaskRay Task.
- Scroll down to the Field Sets section and click Edit next to TaskRay Task Field Set.
- Move the Lock Dates field into the In the Field Set container.
- Click Save.
- Click Save or Save & Close.
Locked Dates - Visual Indicators
In all views under the Work tab, tasks and milestones that have locked dates will be indicated by a Lock icon.