In TaskRay, it is possible to add custom tabs to Project and Task Details panes to reference information from other applications in your org, as well as to perform additional actions directly from the app. You can add up to two different tabs to both Project and Task Details panes and you can configure them to display contextual information relevant to the project or task that is being viewed.
What Can Be Added as a Custom Tab
TaskRay allows the following to be added as a custom tab:
- Visualforce Page
- Screen Flow
Once you create the necessary Visualforce Page or Screen Flow, you will need to reference its URL/path in the Custom Tab settings. The URLs can be provided in the following format:
- Visualforce Page: /apex/<name_of_visualforce_page>
Tip: If you would like the referenced page or application to have context of the project or task, you can append ?id=$id to the end of the URL. This will allow the custom tab in TaskRay to show information that is contextual to the particular project or task that is being viewed. For example, a common use case with custom tabs in TaskRay is to create a visualforce page that pulls in a task's or project's related list. Appending ?id=$id to the end of the URL will make that related list contextual to the record.
- Screen Flow: /flow/<api_name_of_screen_flow>
Tip: If you would like the referenced screen flow to have context of the project or task, you can append a parameter to the end of the URL. For this purpose, you will first need to make sure your custom screen flow incorporates a variable that captures the source project or task. Then, you can include that variable in the URL, along with =$id. For example, if the variable in the flow is named taskId, then the following can be appended to the URL: ?taskId=$id.
Add Custom Tabs to Project and Task Panes [Admin]
Once you have your custom Visualforce Page or Screen Flow, the next step is to set up the custom tabs.
To configure custom tabs on Project or Task Details, you will need to access TaskRay Global Settings and fill out a pair of fields for each custom tab:
- Project Modal Custom Tab 1 (or 2) URL / Task Modal Custom Tab 1 (or 2) URL: this is the URL of the custom Visualforce Page or Screen Flow that should be referenced in the custom tab.
- Project Modal Custom Tab 1 (or 2) Label / Task Modal Custom Tab 1 (or 2) Label: this is the label of the custom tab as it will appear in the project or task modals.
The steps below outline how to update these settings:
- From Setup, navigate to Custom Code | Custom Settings.
- Click Manage next to TaskRay Global Settings.
- Locate the Project Modal Custom Tab 1 URL or Task Modal Custom Tab 1 URL setting and enter the URL that you want to reference in the Project or Task Details pane in TaskRay.
- Locate the corresponding Project Modal Custom Tab 1 Label or Task Modal Custom Tab 1 Label and enter the name for the new tab.
Tip: This is the label that will appear in Project or Task Details pane in TaskRay.
- Click Save.