Saved baselines on a project can be managed from Plan View. This is how you can view and export a list of all saved baselines on a project, edit notes on them, quickly navigate to the Baseline record in standard Salesforce interface, as well as delete baselines. It is also possible to set a new baseline from the Manage Baselines window.
- In Plan View, in the left sidebar, click on a project on which you want to export baselines to enter single project view. Alternatively, you can use Single Project Search to select the project.
- Click on the Baselines button in the toolbar.
Note: If you can't click on the Baselines button (button is inactive), check that you only have one project selected in the left sidebar. Baselines cannot be accessed when multiple projects are selected.
- Select Manage Baselines.
This will open a window that will list all of the saved baselines on the selected project.
By default, the following information will be displayed: Baseline Name (saved as the date of when the baseline was created), Progress (completion percentage of the project at the time of when the baseline was created), and Notes (any notes entered at the time of setting a new baseline). It is possible to configure the table to display additional information by adding columns, such as project start or end date (at the time of setting the baseline).
To display additional baseline information, click on the Settings Cog in the top right corner of the table. This will open the Configure Columns menu where you can select additional fields to be displayed in the table.
If you want to remove a column from the table, hover over its header and click on the X that appears. Additionally, you can resize the width of the columns by hovering over the column edge and dragging it to the desired width.
Each baseline will also provide additional options under the More Actions button located in each one of the baseline rows. The options include:
- See in Plan View: This option opens in baseline to be viewed in Plan View.
- View in Salesforce Tab: Selecting this option will open the baseline record in the standard Salesforce interface.
- Delete: This option will delete the Baseline record, as well as any associated Baseline Task Group and Baseline Task records.
You can also export and print baselines from this window by clicking on the Export button at the top right of the Manage Baselines window. Please refer to this article for more information on exporting and printing baselines.