To make it easier to stay up to date on your tasks and projects, TaskRay offers four different notification types out of the box. In the app, you will receive a notification when you are added to a new project team, any time a new task is assigned to you, whenever any of your tasks become overdue, as well as when dependent predecessor tasks are completed for a task that you are the owner of. These notifications will appear in the right sidebar in My Work View.
In addition to the in-app notifications, you will also receive email alerts for all new tasks assigned and whenever you are added to a new project team. However, if you prefer to only receive the in-app notifications, you can turn off the email notifications in Tools and Settings. Finally, while the email notifications for overdue tasks and predecessor tasks completed are not available out of the box, it is possible to configure those notifications through Salesforce setup. For additional information, see the articles below:
- Tools and Settings (for controlling settings for email notifications)
- Assign Task Owners (Assignment Alerts section)
- Customize Task Owner Assignment Emails
- Add Team Members to Projects
- Notify Task Owners When Their Tasks Become Overdue
- Notify Task Owners When Dependent Predecessor Tasks Are Completed
It is also possible to create custom in-app notifications. Using the Salesforce Process Builder, it is possible to define the criteria for custom notifications to occur whenever something happens on a task or project. You can read more about custom in-app notifications in this article.
There are four types of in-app notifications that are available out of the box:
- New Task Assigned
- Added to Project Team
- Predecessor Tasks Complete
- Task Became Overdue
New Task Assigned
This notification will appear any time another team member assigns a new task to you.
Added to Project Team
This notification will appear any time another team member adds you to the team on a project.
Predecessor Tasks Complete
This notification applies to tasks with dependencies. If a task that you are the owner of has dependent predecessor tasks connected to it, you will receive a notification as soon as all dependent predecessor tasks are completed. This will indicate that you can start working on your task (task is ready for work).
Task Became Overdue
This notification will appear any time any of your tasks become overdue.
View In-App Notifications
These notifications can be viewed in My Work View in the right sidebar. They are not available in any of the other views in TaskRay.
Notifications will be organized into sections by day, with the most recent notifications appearing at the top of the list.
- In TaskRay, click on the My Work tab in the TaskRay toolbar.
- This will open My Work View with the right sidebar Feed tab expanded automatically. If there are any notifications, you should see those in the right sidebar.
- To hide notifications from a specific day, click on the grouping header for that day. Click on it again to expose the notifications.
You can hide the right sidebar by clicking on the Hide tab that is visible when the sidebar is expanded. To get back to viewing the in-app notifications, click on the Feed tab in the right sidebar when in My Work.
It is also possible to filter the notifications to focus on the types that are most meaningful to you.
- In the Notifications sub-tab in the right sidebar, click on the Filter notifications by type link.
- This will expose a dropdown menu with all of the notification types. Click on a notification type to show or hide all notifications of that type in the sidebar. Notification types that are visible will have a checkmark next to their name.