The Customer Onboarding Score is a calculated score that can be used to measure the success of onboarding projects in TaskRay. The score takes into account both qualitative and quantitative factors and is configurable by customers.
The Customer Onboarding Score is calculated based on two factors:
- Project Satisfaction
- Project Satisfaction is calculated based on the average of a project's Internal Sentiment and External Sentiment.
- Internal Sentiment and External Sentiment are picklist fields with values that represent satisfaction scores. However, each picklist value is also assigned a numeric value:
- Project Satisfaction is calculated as the numeric average Internal Sentiment and External Sentiment.
- On-Time Project Completion
- On-Time Project Completion is calculated based on the difference between a project's Initial Projected Duration and Actual Duration.
- Initial Project Duration measures the duration of the project as it was initially projected when the project started. Actual Duration measures the duration of a project based on when it was actually completed.
- The difference between these two dates is evaluated to determine if a project was completed on time or behind schedule.
- If a project is completed behind schedule, Score Deductions are applied when calculating the Customer Onboarding Score.
% Behind Schedule
<= 10% 0.0 11-20% 1.0 21-30% 1.0 31-40% 2.0 41-50% 2.0 51-60% 3.0 61-70% 3.0 71-80% 3.0 81-90% 4.0 91-100% 4.0 >100% 5.0
Let's calculate a Customer Onboarding Score for an example project with the following characteristics:
- Internal Sentiment = 4 (Satisfied)
- External Sentiment = 5 (Very Satisfied)
- Initial Projected Duration = 30
- Actual Duration = 34
- % Behind Schedule = 13.33%
Formula: [(Internal Sentiment + External Sentiment) - Score Deduction]
Example Project: [(4.0 + 5.0) - 1.0] = 8.0
In this case, the example project would be assigned a Customer Onboarding Score of 8.0.
The Customer Onboarding Score can be calculated when completing projects with the Customer Onboarding Completion Flow. The Flow provides a set of screens that walk through the process of gathering the information necessary to calculate the Customer Onboarding Score while completing a project. Customer Onboarding Scores are then stored in fields on the TaskRay Project and Account objects. For more information on the Customer Onboarding Completion Flow, please see this article.
You can configure the way the Customer Onboarding Score is calculated based on the Score Deductions applied to the overall score based on completing projects behind schedule.
To override the Score Deductions for these thresholds:
- From Setup, navigate to:
- Lightning: Setup | Custom Code | Custom Metadata Types
- Classic: Setup | Develop | Custom Metadata Types
- Click Manage Records next to TaskRay Onboarding Score Threshold.
- Find the record you'd like to modify and click Edit.
- Adjust the Score Deduction as desired:
- Click Save.