This article helps a Flux Resource or Flux Admin create a new Flux Time Away record to indicate a capacity deduction for an individual Flux Resource.
Add Flux Time Away
Follow these steps to create a new Flux Time Away record for an individual Flux Resource.
- Click on the Flux Resources tab or search to locate the Flux Resource you will be creating a Time Away record for.
- Click into the Flux Resource to see the detail page.
- Click the New Time Away button.
- Fill in the following fields (all fields required):
- Enter a Flux Time Away Name. This is a brief description of the reason you will be away (ex. Summer vacation, User conference, etc).
- Select the Flux Time Away Start Date. This is the first day you will be away.
- Select the Flux Time Away End Date. This is the last day you will be away. For a single day away, set the same start and end date.
- Select the Time Away Increment.
- Full Day: establishes a capacity deduction equal to the Flux Resource’s Daily Total Utilization Target for each day of the Flux Time Away.
- Half Day: establishes a capacity deduction equal to 50% of the Flux Resource’s Daily Total Utilization Target for each day of the Flux Time Away.
- Time Away requests that include a combination of full and half days must be logged separately (i.e. one for the full day(s) and one for the half day(s).
- Click Save.
Flux Time Away Permissions
Flux Capacity permission sets control access to Flux Time Away records.
Those with the Flux Capacity Standard User or Flux Capacity Community User permission set may create and edit Time Away records but only if it is related to their Flux Resource. These users may not edit or create Time Away on behalf of other users. Only those with the Flux Capacity Admin permission set OR with the Flux Manage Time Away Plans custom permission may create and edit Time Away for other users.