This article helps a Flux Admin create a new Flux Team record.
Add a Flux Team
Follow these steps to create a new Flux Team record.
- Locate and click on the Flux Teams tab.
- Click New.
- Enter your Flux Team Name.
- Click Save.
Fully Enable a New Flux Team
There are additional steps required to fully enable a new Flux Team.
- Create a Salesforce Queue as outlined in the Flux Resource Prerequisite section of this article.
- Create a Flux Resource associated with the Queue and Team as outlined in the Add a Flux Resource section of this article.
With the Flux Team created and additional steps 1 and 2 above completed, you now have a fully enabled Flux Team!
Additional Steps to Consider After Adding a New Flux Team
With your new Flux Team created and fully enabled, you may want to consider these additional updates to take advantage of the new team.
- Add Flux Resources as Team Members of the new Flux Team as outlined in this article.
- Update your dashboard filters to include the new Flux Team as a filter value. Flux Team is a pre-configured filter on both the Flux Forecast Dashboard and the Flux Actual Utilization Dashboard.
Flux Team Name Locked
Once a Flux Team has been created, the Flux Team Name may not be edited.
Flux Team Names are locked via a validation rule on the Flux Team object to prevent naming mismatches between related Flux Team Members and Flux Utilization records. This validation rule can be turned off if a Flux Team Name change is critically needed, but doing so will require additional data updates by a Salesforce admin to ensure naming is kept in sync across Team Members and Flux Utilization records. For this reason, it is recommended to keep the validation rule active and create new Teams, when new/modified Team names are desired. Please contact Flux Capacity Support for instructions and assistance if you decide an existing Team name must be changed.
Other Helpful Articles
Manage a Flux Resource's Team Members