This article helps a Flux Admin create a new Flux Resource record.
Flux Resource Prerequisites
Before creating a Flux Resource, the following must be in place:
- Flux Teams must be in place.
- Flux Time Away Plans should be in place (optional).
- If creating a Flux Resource User:
- An active Salesforce User must be present.
- The Salesforce User must have a TaskRay license.
- If creating a Flux Resource Queue:
- A Salesforce Queue must be in place.
- The Queue must be assigned to the following objects:
- TaskRay Project
- TaskRay Task
- Flux Schedule
- Flux Resource
- Flux Time Away
- Flux Utilization
NOTES on QUEUES:
- In many situations, you may already have Queues in place for your TaskRay objects.
- It is fine to continue using those Queues for purposes here. Just make sure the Flux objects are added to the Queues’ supported objects.
- It is not necessary to establish or maintain Queue membership for Flux Capacity to work. We handle this via Flux Teams.
Example Queue that is properly set up for use with Flux Capacity
Work with your Salesforce Administrator if the above User or Queue prerequisites are not met.
Add a Flux Resource
Follow these simple steps to create a new Flux Resource record.
- Click on the Flux Resources tab.
- Click New.
- Select the User/Queue.
- Flux Resource Name will be set for you based on the User/Queue selected.
- While you may override the Flux Resource Name, we highly recommend the User/Queue name matches the Flux Resource Name for consistency in reporting.
- Flux Resource Name must be unique.
- Ex. If you have two Joe Smith employees at your company, you will have to give them unique Resource Names. This will help avoid confusion with Task assignment and reporting.
- Input Daily Billable Utilization % and Daily Non-Billable Utilization %.
- These fields drive actual utilization measurements in Flux Capacity reporting.
- These 2 fields must sum to equal 100%.
- If the Flux Resource does not have a non-billable target (or vice-versa), set Daily Non-Billable Utilization % to 0.00 and Daily Billable Utilization % to 100.00%.
- Input Daily Total Utilization Target.
- This field is expressed in Hours.
- This field determines the Flux Resource’s daily availability in capacity measurements.
- This field (in combination with billable and non-billable % above) determines the Flux Resource’s daily targets for actual utilization measurements.
- Select Flux Time Away Plan (optional).
- This establishes the base set of days off, based on your company benefits, for the Flux Resource.
- Select the Primary Flux Team.
- Select the Flux Resource’s Business Day Settings.
- Default business day settings are Monday - Friday.
- Business day settings are used to establish capacity for every day of the week.
- If an employee ALWAYS has a specific day off, that day should be unchecked.
- Ex. employee always has Mondays off, Monday should be unchecked.
- If an employee ALWAYS works on a specific day, except for vacation and holidays, that day should be checked.
- Ex. If an employee works a Wednesday - Sunday schedule, Wednesday - Sunday should be checked, Monday and Tuesday should be unchecked.
- If an employee works a random, flexible or part-time schedule, the key is to select the number of days per week that the employee typically works. This will ensure the total weekly capacity and utilization targets are calculated accurately.
- Click Save or Save & Activate.
- The Save button will create the new Flux Resource, but it will not yet be activated. You can activate the Flux Resource when ready.
- The Save & Activate button will create the new Flux Resource AND Activate the resource, making it available in reporting and for selection in Flux Assignment screens.
- NOTE: Save and Save & Activate buttons will be disabled until all required fields are input with valid data.
When activating a Flux Resource related to a Salesforce User that owns existing TaskRay Tasks, underlying forecasting data is seeded in the system for the Resource. You can read more about that process here.
Please note: Flux Capacity processes changes across the forecasting engine for this Flux Resource using queued batches. TaskRay Tasks and Time related to this Resource may be temporarily locked.