Notify Task Owners When Dependent Predecessor Tasks Are Completed
- Use case example: This is a great notification to use if your users need to wait until a predecessor task is completed before they can begin working on their dependent task. This solution will send them an email letting them know the predecessor to their task has been completed and it's time to start working!
- Things to consider: Without additional customization, this is an all or nothing solution. When enabled, every time a predecessor task is completed the owner of the dependent task will receive an email notification.
Notify Task Owners When Their Tasks Become Overdue
- Use case example: This notification helps keep project timelines on track and ensures users are made aware of any potential blocks that occur as their task become overdue.
- Things to consider: This email will be sent every time a task becomes overdue. Part of the training we recommend with users is to ensure that they mark the task completed when they are done, so they don't get emails in error.
TaskRay Notifications to Anyone
- Use case example: If you need to notify a project stakeholder outside of TaskRay and Salesforce (i.e. vendors, customers, etc.) about progress on tasks or projects you can set up custom email notifications to anyone.
- Things to consider: You are creating an email field on the Project object, and this is the field used in the email alert. This allows it to be more customized rather than requiring a user or contact record.
Checklist assignment notification
- Use case example: It is possible to assign a checklist item to someone other than the task owner. In this case, you may want to notify a user when they've been assigned a checklist item. Follow the instructions in the article to accomplish this.
- Things to consider: Something we hear often is to not over notify users so if they are already receiving project and task assignment emails, consider limiting additional assignment notification's.
Custom In-App Notifications
- Use case example: If a task becomes a high priority and you want to notify the owner of that task about the update. Maybe users have requested less emails. Consider creating custom in-app notifications in that case.
- Things to consider: These in-app notifications appear in the My Work tab, so if you are looking for something else, we recommend email notifications.
Customize Daily Planner Emails
- Use case example: If you would like to control which days of the week and at what time of day users will receive the daily planner, take a look at this article.
- Things to consider: At this time you are only able to customize the days/times the email is sent.
Customize Task Owner Assignment Emails
- Use case example: Out of the box, TaskRay's Task Owner Assignment notification includes the Project Name, Task Name, Task Group, and Deadline. You can customize it to include additional TaskRay information or even your own task custom fields.
- Things to consider: You will need to enable the translation workbench. Please read the Salesforce guide for impacts to your organization.