This article explains the logic behind setting Flux Forecast Category on TaskRay Projects.
Forecast Category Alignment with Opportunities
The Flux Forecast Category on the TaskRay Project object is used as a key dashboard filter on the Flux Forecast Dashboard. If this field, along with the Flux Forecast Category Number, is not set on TaskRay Projects, your Flux Forecast Dashboard will not include those projects in your forecast. See our setup guide for data update instructions to populate these fields when getting started. Once existing records are initialized, Flux Capacity will handle setting/updating those fields going forward.
The Forecast Project’s Flux Forecast Category is aligned in real-time with the Opportunity’s Forecast Category field, or a different custom field you can specify.
As the sales cycle advances or hits delays, any changes to the Opportunity Forecast Category are captured by Flux Capacity, and the related Forecast Project’s Flux Forecast Category is updated to stay in alignment.
There are also situations where TaskRay Projects may be created or updated that have impact on Flux Forecast Category.
The following scenarios are supported by Flux Capacity.
- Project with or without an Opportunity is set as Template: Flux Category values & existing Flux Schedules (if any) are cleared asynchronously
- Project without an Opportunity is updated with an Opportunity: Flux Category values are set to match Opportunity
- Project with an Opportunity is updated to remove the Opportunity: Flux Category values are set to default
The following scenarios are non-standard processes that are not supported by Flux Capacity.
- Project with or without an Opportunity is changed from Template to a non-Template: Flux Category values are set to default (real-time); however, Flux Schedules are not re-established for this converted Project.
- Project with an Opportunity is set as Template: Flux Category values & existing Flux Schedules (if any) are cleared asynchronously, even though the Project is related to an Opportunity.
Other Helpful Articles