This article helps a Salesforce Administrator update the Forecast Category values used by Flux Capacity to include a “Most Likely” value.
With the Salesforce Winter 22 Release, Salesforce added the option to include a Most Likely forecast category. Follow Salesforce’s instructions in the link above to add this new value to your environment. Once that is complete, you can use this article to update Flux Capacity.
Step 1: Customize Forecast Category Field Values
To add the Most Likely forecast category, you must configure the Flux Forecast Map Value custom metadata type. This will establish a map between your Opportunity source forecast field values and the Flux Capacity forecast fields on the TaskRay Project object which are used in reporting.
- Go to Setup > Custom Code > Custom Metadata Types
- Click Manage Records for the Flux Forecast Map Value metadata type
- Click Edit for the “Closed” record
- *Set Flux Forecast Category Number = 5.00
- Click Edit for the “Commit” record
- *Set Flux Forecast Category Number = 4.00
- Click New to add the new “Most Likely” map value
- *Input values in each field as shown in the screenshot below, then click Save.
The Most Likely forecast category is now mapped! Proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Customize Flux Forecast Dashboard Filter
Since we modified the forecast category numbering in Step 1, we must update the Flux Forecast Dashboard to use the new numbering.
- Go to the Flux Forecast Dashboard
- Click Edit to launch the dashboard builder
- Click the Edit (pencil) for the Forecast Category filter
- Remove the Commit and Close filters by clicking the X buttons
- Click the Add Filter Value button to add new values for Most Likely, Commit, and Closed being sure to set the Operator to “greater or equal” and the Value to match the numbers used in the Flux Forecast Category Number (set in Step 1 section above).
- Once all dashboard filter values have been added, click Update to close the dashboard filter window, and then click Save to commit your changes to the dashboard.
Your dashboard is now ready to use! Proceed to Step 3.
Step 3: Data Update to Existing TaskRay Project Records
Since we modified the forecast category numbering in Step 1, we must update any existing TaskRay Project records to use the new numbering.
Here’s what you need to update:
- Update any TaskRay Projects affected by the forecast category number changes by setting the Flux Forecast Category and Flux Forecast Category Number, matching the Flux Forecast Map Values custom metadata you set in Step 1.
Other Helpful Articles