The TaskRay Mobile for Salesforce app is being deprecated in TaskRay 1.883 and will be replaced with a new TaskRay Mobile solution in the upcoming Fall 2020 release. TaskRay 1.883 is scheduled to be released on Monday, Sep 14, 2020.
The legacy TaskRay Mobile for Salesforce app is being retired in order to stay current with Salesforce security requirements and to make way for a new and improved experience using TaskRay on mobile devices. However, we know it’s important for our customers that use TaskRay on their mobile devices to maintain their access before the new TaskRay Mobile solution is released later this year. This document outlines two primary interim options for accessing TaskRay in Salesforce Mobile.
Option 1: Optimize Mobile Productivity with My Work
The TaskRay My Work Lightning Component provides full access to TaskRay Projects and Tasks when used in Salesforce Mobile, and also offers quick actions and helpful grouping options to help mobile users prioritize their work and be as productive as possible while working away from their desktops. We recommend using the My Work Lightning Component as a replacement for the legacy TaskRay Mobile for Salesforce solution.
Follow these steps to deploy the TaskRay My Work Component in Salesforce Mobile:
- In Salesforce, navigate to Setup -> User Interface -> Lightning App Builder
- Click New to create a new Lightning Page
- When prompted for a page type, select App Page
- Give the page a relevant name, like “TaskRay Mobile” or “TaskRay My Work”
- When prompted for a page layout, select One Region
- In the Lightning App Builder, add the TaskRay My Work component to the layout by dragging it from the left sidebar:
- Click Save and when prompted, choose to Activate your page
- On the Page Settings tab, select an icon to represent the app in Salesforce Mobile
- Click the Mobile Navigation tab, then click the button to Add page to app in the Mobile Navigation Menu
- Select a position for the page in the Mobile Navigation Menu, then click Save
Option 2: Install the Legacy TaskRay Mobile Extension Package
If you want to retain access to the legacy TaskRay Mobile for Salesforce App, you can install it in a separate TaskRay Mobile Extension package. The extension package requires TaskRay 1.883 or higher.
TaskRay Mobile Extension Installation Link:
After installing the extension package, follow these steps to deploy the TaskRay Mobile Extension in Salesforce Mobile:
- In Salesforce, navigate to Setup -> Apps -> Mobile Apps -> Salesforce -> Salesforce Navigation
- Find TaskRay Mobile (Ext) in the left column under Available, then add it to the right column under Selected. Optionally, reorder the list of Selected items, then Save.